Interlude: Lapis Lazuli

"Yuzu." Kaito tapped the table. "Give me one reason why I should overlook this transgression of goodwill."

This week is the weirdest and strangest week he had. First Shun and Yuto return, which, yay. He can ream their ass for abandoning them at their worst. It was for Ruri, he knows, but a fair warning that they'll be AWOL? Kaito thought they were carded or something until Sayaka told him what happened! Then they brought back Ruri-lookalike, her doppleganger, and a deserting Academia Soldier.

Then Academia revamped their deck. As much as he dislikes admitting this, that Fusion deserter does bring them boons of analyzing the new deck as well capability. It takes one to know one.

Then he narrowly manages to saved his comrades from being carded by a pair of incredibly sassy twins—who managed to get away using transporter because they were ordered to do so after "having their quota carding people filled"—goddamn you Edo Phoenix.

Then this.

Yuzu and Yuto bring an Academia Soldier with them.

More of Yuzu who insists on it.

Yuto didn't know until he arrived at the base, after saying Yuzu returns instead meeting him on agreed location.

"Because it's not really transgression?" Yuzu offered weakly. "Um, you can take off the helmet... please?"

The soldier(?) take off the helmet and long black hair fell down.

Three people in the room chokes.

They know the face all too well.

"R-ruri..." Shun whispers. "Is that you?"

The girl smiled. "...Hi everyone."

She was almost toppled over when Shun and Yuto sandwiched her in a hug.

"You're here." Yuto didn't sob but it was near thing. "You're really here."

Ruri smiled and raised her hands. Hugging her brother and her boyfriend. "Yeah." She replied. "I'm back. Sorry for scaring you all."

"You... you should be!" Shun tightens his grips. "You were insisting you can handle going out for medical supplies alone and next thing happened you were gone! You are not allowed to going out alone, you hear me young lady!"

"Grounded?"

"Damn right you are!"

If Kaito claims he isn't jealous... well. That would be a lie.

Shun has his sister back. Haruto, on other hand...

Coughing to distract him from dark thoughts, he forces himself to cut through the reunion. "Can I have account of what happened? Especially seeing you wore Academia Uniform."

"Ah. Yes."

With great reluctance, she get out from the hug piles. "Well, it's kind of embarrassing story. Actually." She scratched her cheek. "I saw Yuzu and Yuto team up for patrol and... well. I get jealous?"

Yuto gasped. Scandalized and horrified. "Ruri. I would never dare to cheat on you!" He assures her.

Yuzu put her hands on her hips. "And in case you want to know, I have my own 'Yuto'. Technically we are not dating yet but the point stands."

Her Xyz counterpart shrugged. "I know." She replied. "Yuya, was it?" She speaks as if she didn't drop another bomb in the room. "He was helping me escape from Academia."

Kaito hummed. "I think it would be for the best if you start from the beginning."

Ruri nodded. "Might get ourselves comfortable. It will take some time."