Prologue 0-1: Stranger Waking

Y/n stirs awake when she hears something rattle in front of her,"The hell is that noise...? Is it morning already?" she mumbles tiredly, but becomes perplexed when she hears a high-pitched voice.

"I better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me..." a grunts is heard as y/n feels something wooden in front of her,"Urgggh... This lid weighs a ton!" the voice grunts as y/n tries to find a way to open the lid,[I'm in that coffin, aren't I?] she thought as she remembers the horses and the carriage.

"Try this on for size! Mya-ha!" y/n yelps when the lid is suddenly blown off by blue flames,"The hell is with this fire!?" she backs up against the coffin,"Now to grab the goods... What?!" the voice screams and y/n looks down.

She's greeted by a very interesting creature. It was a cat-raccoon thing with blue flaming ears, blue eyes and a pitchfork tail. It's fur is gray all over except for the white patch on it's chest,"You ain't supposed to be awake!" it, or actually he, screams with surprise.

Y/n studies her surroundings before looking down at the creature,"I'm in a room full of coffins and a weasel is talking to me... Am I dreaming?" she mutters as she edges herself out of the coffin.

"How... How DARE YOU! I am no WEASEL! I'm Grim, sorcerer extraordinaire!" the creature, Grim, places a paw on his fluffy chest,"Tch. Whatever. You...human! Just gimme your uniform, and be quick about it!" he then demands as he points at y/n.

"Eh?" y/n raises a brow before looking down at herself. She's wearing a weird looking robe along with a uniform which was a bit small around the chest area,"Uh, why...? I would be naked then." she points out awkwardly and Grim clicks his tongue,"'Cause if you don't...you're gonna regret it!" he threatens as a wall of blue flames appears behind him.

"No thank you! Someone, help me please!! A dream weasel wants to roast me here!" y/n yelps as she high tails it outta there through the door,"Well keep dreamin', 'cause I ain't no weasel!" Grim shouts as he runs after her.

Y/n ran down a hallway before making a right turn into a building. She looks into room and sees a classroom of some kind, but she didn't think to hide in there. Too obvious of a hiding place. She then ran out of the building and through a courtyard before running through another entrance.

She opens a set of double doors and is greeted by a library,"... Perf... Perfect..." she pants as she hastily enters the room and closes the doors behind her. She then goes behind a few bookshelves deep into the room and sits down against the case.

"Okay, this is one heck of a weird dream I'm having. Where even am I?" she mutters to herself as she secures the hood over her head more, it having fallen back a bit from her head,"Wait, am I even dreaming...?" she mumbles as she recalls horses and her walk to home, but it was all fuzzy to her. Besides, Grim's flames felt all too real with that kind of heat.

"Wah!" y/n yelps as she shoots up to her feet when she's surrounded by a ring of fire,"Foolish human! Did you really think you could slip away from ME?" Grim spat with a victorious grin as appears from within the flames to stand before y/n,"Chill out, will ya!" y/n glares at the creature.

"Now, unless you wanna get burned to a crisp, take off that-" Grim is cut off by a black rope wrapping around his body with a painful snap and he falls to the ground,"Me-YEOW! That hurt! What gives?" he struggles in it, making y/n hide a snort since he looks like a wiggly worm to her.

"Consider it tough love." a male voice exclaims as a man with a crazy outfit came out from behind the bookcase. His face is concealed by a raven half-mask and the only thing that could be seen are two glowing golden dots for eyes. He also has pointy ears and short, wavy black hair.