Episode 5-4: Compliments Gushing

The group had just finished practicing and we're busy cleaning up their mess when Azul literally came knocking at the gym doors, much to Jamil's chagrin,"What do YOU want, Azul?" Jamil spat with a glare,"Why, what EVER could I have done to earn your ire? And here I thought we were the closest of classmates!" Azul 'weeps' sadly before sighing as he crosses his arms.

"More to the point: you're on class duty, correct? Our afternoon Magic History period is going to be a study hall today. Professor Trein wants you to come and get the classwork printouts from the faculty office." he informs him,"Fine. I'll be right there." Jamil says with a nod.

"Say, didn't Azul stream Jamil's whole diabolical plan to the world?" Grim questions and y/n gives him a confused look,"Huh, did you miss Azul's actual plan?" she questions and Grim now gives her a confused look,"What ya mean by that?" he asks and Azul steps forward,"Please. It's like you've never heard of a bluff before. That was obviously a ploy to convince him there was no talking his way out of it." he reveals.

"Mrah?!" Grim was certainly surprised to hear this,"Buddy, don't tell me you didn't know. Azul is mischievous, not cruel." y/n sighs with a shake of her head,"I can't believe you thought that I, the very soul of benevolence, would willingly destroy a classmate's reputation and social standing!" Azul says with offense, whether it was genuine or pretend.

"...You absolutely would." Jamil says with narrowed eyes,"A real nice guy wouldn't tell such a nasty lie in the first place." Grim frowns with doubtful eyes and Azul smirks at them,"Heh heh heh. All I did that day was put my smartphone on a speaker call with Jade. Unlike Leona, I don't torment others for sport. I never do more than what is strictly necessary." he explains as he pushes his glasses up.

"I obtained some perfectly good intel from the experience. I would never dream of devaluing my own assets!" he adds, making Jamil sighs,"Whatever you say. But you know what? I'll grudgingly admit that thanks to Azul's 'benevolence'..." he shivers in disgust when he had to admit that,"My parents and the Asim family still don't know the real reason I overblotted. As for the students..."

Jamil's Flashback...

"Housewarden Kalim, I don't understand! Why aren't you replacing Jamil as vice housewarden?" Scarabia A asks as he points accusingly at Jamil, who's standing by with crossed arms,"He's been deceiving us all for ages, yourself included!" Scarabia B reminds Kalim,"He might still be plotting something. He needs to be dismissed!" Scarabia C accuses and Kalim puts his hands up with a nervous smile.

"Wow, you're all so worried about me! Thanks. That's really nice of you. Here's the thing, though... He's not the only one at fault for this mess. I share some of the blame. Besides, I would bet there isn't a single person in Scarabia who hasn't gotten help from Jamil at some point. Am I right?" he says gently and the three before him later slightly.

"W-well..."

"I guess he's given me advice before..."

"See? There you go. He's been a model vice housewarden. In fact, he's put me to shame." Kalim admits with a bashful smile,"He let dark thoughts get the better of him for a brief time. Other than that, he's a perfectly capable guy. It's true that he used you all to try and kick me out..." his smile strains a bit, but he brushes it off.

"But Jamil never once hurt me before the holiday incident. And believe me, he could have. He's had every possible opportunity to do far worse things. But he never did. Not once in seventeen years. I know I can't exactly call him a good guy, but still." he says fondly and the three before him stare up at him in awe,"Housewarden..." Scarabia C utters.

"It's frustrating not being able to explain myself better, but...could you give us just a little more time to sort this out?" Kalim asks,"If that's what you want...then I guess so." Scarabia C nods, the other two humming in agreement while Jamil huffs and look to the side. He's grateful to Kalim internally though.