Episode 5-11: The Mouse in the Mirror

Y/n groans as she grips her blankets tighter, brows furrowed as sweat lightly coats her skin while she turns to curl up on her side. The mirror above the mantel lit up, which leads to y/n gasping as her eyes snaps open when she hears a loud, high pitched scream.

"Who's screaming?!" she panics as she looks around in the black and white world before spotting the girl, Snow White. She was cowering before a huntsman, who had held a dagger above her head before suddenly dropping the weapon as he bows before her, grabbing the end of her dress as he cries out.

"I can't! I can't do it! Forgive me. I beg of Your Highness, forgive me." he pleads as Snow White looks at him with confusion,"I don't understand!" she exclaims with furrowed brows as the huntsman jumps back to his feet,"She's mad, jealous of you! She'll stop at nothing!" he warns her as y/n's eyes widen with worry and fear.

"The pig heart..." she utters as her head buzzes at the back again whilst the scene changes to an enraged queen holding a wine glass in her hands,"The blundering fool! Now to transform my beauty into ugliness." she spat as she looks into the wine glass,"Now, begin thy magic spell." she says before drinking the concoction in the glass.

Y/n yelps when the wind picks up around her, thunder and lighting flashing around her as smoke covers her field of vision. Once everything clears up, y/n screams when an old, witchy looking hag appears before her,"Holy shiitake mushroom! What was in that stuff!?" she screams as she backs away from the woman.

"And now, a special sort of death for one so fair. What shall it be?" the woman smiles cruelly as she walks over to a book put on a podium while y/n bites the bottom of her lip,"The Sleeping Death... Snow White, be careful." she utters as her world fades to dark.

Y/n slowly opens her eyes as she sits up on her side, careful not wake Grim up,"Why the heck would she go so far just to be even more beautiful? She's already plenty beautiful." she mumbles sleepily before falling back to sleep.

Next thing y/n knows, small paws are pushing against her cheek as a familiar voice screeches in her ears,"Y/n... Hey, y/n. Wake up!" Grim shouts as y/n yawns before sitting up with a stretch,"What a weird dream again... A queen transforming into nightmare fuel." she utters to herself as Grim huffs at her.

"About time you got up. Follow me and be stealthy about it. Everybody else is sleepin', so stay on your tip-toes!" he tells her and that's when y/n notices that it's still night time,"Grim, what're you up to?" she asks as she slowly climbs out of bed,"Just follow me! And stay stealthy!" Grim whispers to her as he jumps off the bed and sneaks out of their room, y/n following close behind.

Y/n was quite surprised to find her two other friends waiting in the lounge room for them,"Ah, there you are. C'mon, over here." Ace motions them over as the Ramshackle Duo tip toe over to them,"What're you guys planning this time?" y/n whispers with suspicious eyes,"That dinner we had just wasn't filling. So I was thinkin' about the pastries Trey made for us. The ones sitting in the fridge right now." Ace smirks mischievous as he slings an arm around the girl's shoulders.

"Wouldn't it be a shame to let perfectly good food go to waste? Trey said we should eat them today, too." he tempts,"I'm not here for sweets. I'm just, uh...thirsty! I want a drink of water." Deuce says nervously as he avoids eye contact with y/n,"Snacks taste a hundred times better when you're sneakin' 'em at night." Grim grins as they head for the kitchen.

"Gwee hee hee! Throw that fridge door wide, baby!" Grim chuckles as he rubs his paws together while Ace swings the fridge door open. Y/n would be lying if she said she didn't shed a tear when her eyes landed on those heavenly treats,"Donde has estado toda mi vida? Mi dulce, dulce, preciosa." she whispers with clasped hands.