Episode 3-1: Cramming Session and Result Stacked

More days have passed since the Spelldrive Tournament event. Y/n and everyone else have entered the exam season and so far, she's been doing well with her studies and the tests.

Currently, it was night time and she's having for the first time in a while, another restless sleep as her room is bathed in white light from the mirror.

Her eyes snaps open to the sounds of crashing waves along with thunder and lighting. She's doesn't know how or why nor does she question it, but she's floating above the raging sea beneath her. In a far distance, a ship was on fire with heavy black smoke emitting from it as it slowly starts to break apart and sink into the dark waters below.

"This storm is nuts! And what the heck happened to that ship!?" her voices echoes before hearing shouting in the distance,"Hurricane a'comin'! Stand fast! Secure the riggin'!" someone shouts and y/n jumps when a woman and an unconscious man suddenly pops out of the water.

"Is he okay?" y/n furrows her brows before her vision goes white and she found herself standing on the shore near the woman, who turns out to be a mermaid, and the unconscious man.

"Look! He's breathing!" the mermaid says with relief before diving back into the water when barking and a voice came towards them. It was an old man and a big fluffy dog,"Eric!" the man shout with great relief as he helps the young prince up.

"A girl...rescued me. She had the most...beautiful voice..." Eric says as he and the elder along with their dog walked away, his steps a bit uneasy,"My heart... Oh, how it pounds!" y/n turns her head to where the mermaid hid behind a rock.

"Yes. I know it. The day will soon come...Part of your world!" she declares with a smile as she lifts her upper body up with her arms, the wind tousling her hair around as the wave splashes behind her.

"Heh heh heh..." y/n suddenly hears snickering as she spots two eels hiding nearby, their eyes trained on the girl. She can tell those two spell trouble. She then turns back to the mermaid and calls out,"Ariel...?"

Her eyes suddenly snaps open and she's met with the ceiling above her. She lies still and quiet for a few seconds before breathing out,"Did I just... dream about the ocean?" her brows furrows as she sat up in bed.

Over the past few weeks, she could finally clean up and tidy her bedroom along with the rest of the dorm. Of course, the ghosts helped her out a lot as thanks for letting them play Spelldrive with them.

Y/n sighs as she mats her hair down a bit,"Also, who's Ariel? It sounds familiar, but why can't I remember where I've heard it from?" she feels that same static feeling in the back of her mind as she fails to remember where she has heard that foreign, yet familiar, name.

"Mrrrghrow... The trick to tests...is if there's two choices...it's a trick question..." she hears Grim mumble and looks up to see him seated on the green couch with the small round table placed in front of him filled almost to the brim with books and scattered papers. But, she noticed that the little guy was struggling to fight off sleep.

She smiles as she gets out of bed and sneaks up behind him before reaching out and scratching behind his ear,"G'morning, Grim! Did you really study all night last night?" she chirps quietly, though Grim jolts awake with a yelp.

"MYAH! Don't surprise me like that." Grim says as he swats her hand away,"You'll make me forget everything I memorized! Today's the last day of final exams, y'know." he pouts angrily,"You and I are still technically one student put together, so you better not tank my grades, y/n." he says as he turns back to his books and papers.

"Jeez, grumpy much? Fine, fine. I'll go get ready and we'll go take those tests!" y/n says as she walks off to go get ready. Afterwards, they both hurried over to Mr. Trein's classroom where they're writing their final test. Their supervisor was Crewel for this one.