Episode 3-12: Back in an Octopus Pot and Erasing the Past

When y/n's eyes fluttered open, so was a bit confused by her new surroundings. She looks up and sees the surface of the water, so meaning she's underwater, and the room she's in if most likely a classroom with stones used as a table and seating place,[That's gotta be uncomfortable after a while.] she grimace before spotting three silhouettes in a corner.

They were small, so they were obviously children, and judging by their strange silhouettes, they're merkids. Though one looks a bit strange. The kid had multiple limbs and was a bit round. That and they were hiding in a small pot.

"The only place I ever belonged was inside an octopus pot." Azul's voice causes her to jump a bit as he steps up beside her, his eyes also trained on the kids.

"Hey, Frazzled Azul, ink-spewer!" Merchild A teases as he points at a little Azul,"Aw, you gonna cry? Why don't you use one of your eight legs to wipe those tears away?" Merchild B laughs and y/n could hear little sniffles coming from little Azul, his silhouette hiding a bit more in the pot.

"C-cut it out... Why are you being so mean to me?" little Azul whimpers as he curls into himself a bit,"Run for it, quick! He's gonna ink us!" Merchild A says as he swims away with his friend,"Aha ha ha! He couldn't keep up with us if he tried." Merchild B cackles as little Azul starts to sniffle then sob.

Y/n frowns heavily at this,"How cruel... Children bullying others at that age, that's just... Just so awful." she utters,"Unlike other merfolk, I have lots of feet with suction cups. I'm an introvert, and I never assert myself. I'm hopeless in both studies and athletics. I'm always alone. A silly little octo-twerp." Azul claims while y/n hums in thought at this.

"The water gets all cloudy when he's around. He spews ink every time he cries!" Merchild A complains as he and his friend stood ways away from Azul,"He's always the first to get caught when we play tag. Playing with him is just boring." Merchild B says and y/n sees little Azul drop his head in sorrow.

"Ah, is that a fact? In that case, leave me alone. Keep running around in your little circles. Enjoy your utterly unproductive games!" Azul scowls and y/n places a comforting hand on his arm,"Easy there. You're wasting your energy getting angry at those who don't even matter." she says and Azul takes in a deep breath and exhales, his shoulders relaxing a bit.

"I have no tailfin to let me swim quickly. What I DO have are ten limbs I can freely control. I'll just transcribe five times as many grimoires as people with merely two arms. I can generate my own ink for inscribing magic circles." he explains with a victorious smirk.

"Just you wait. One of these days... I'll show every last one of you airheaded merfolk!" he vows and y/n sighs at this as little Azul is now found in his little pot sitting in a corner. Though he looks a little older now.

Two more, long, silhouettes swam up to him and y/n can already tell who they were,"Heya, Octy. Whatcha doin' all crammed in that teeny little octopus pot?" Floyd asks as he peers into the pot,"Shut up. Just leave me alone." little Azul spat as he turns away from the twins.

"Wow. There are spells and magic circles drawn all over every shell here. A spell to change species, a spell to steal someone's voice..." Jade says with awe as he looks through each shell with writings on them,"Have you been doing grimoire research with all eight of your tentacles this whole time?" he asks and Azul pops out of his little pot to snatch his shells back from him.

"Don't touch any of it! You're asking for an inking!" he threatens as he emerges out of his pot more,"I'm gonna study harder, and become as powerful as the Sea Witch herself!" he declares,"So go away and stop bothering me!" he tells before going back into his pot.

"Octy here's pretty funny, Jade." Floyd comments with amusement as the twins look at each other,"I agree, Floyd. He's quite fascinating." Jade nods in agreement and y/n smiles at this.