Episode 4-10: Setting the Bait

After a certain amount of time, Kalim had finally memorize the spell from his textbook,"Yes! I think I managed to memorize a spell I was having trouble with!" he cheers and y/n gives him a mini applause while Jamil merely sighed.

Azul then herded everyone outside, after they had changed into their PE clothes,"Proper exercise is critical to honing a more efficient mind for study. However, overstraining yourself will have an adverse effect." Azul explains as y/n sat by the fountain, having been set out since her feet are injured.

"Mock battles are a good way to exercise while venting stress." Jade says as he holds his magic pen out in front of him,"Aha ha! I'm in the mood to cut loose, so count me in! Hmmm, who to fight?" Floyd grins dangerously, rolling his shoulder,"Gon easy on them, Floyd!" y/n shouts and Floyd pouts,"But, Little Shrimpyyy, I wanna squeeze someone." he whines,"No squeezing! We don't need someone fainting!" y/n scolds and Floyd sighs in defeat,"Fiiine..."

"All right, split into teams of five and let the melee begin!" Kalim grins as everyone partners up to spar against. No matter how many times she's seen it, y/n is still always mesmerized by someone performing magic right in front of her.

And, if she's being honest, she feels a little envy she couldn't perform magic,"Aha ha! Mock bottles really are fun. And they're a great way to gauge the results of your training." Kalim laughs, causing everyone to smile,"Yes, Housewarden!" all of Scarabia shout in agreement, happy to see their Housewarden happy all morning for once while Jamil just sighs.

Though he glances over to y/n and saw she was dipping her hand in the fountain water,"Hey." he calls out as he approaches her,"How do you feel?" he motions to the girl's bandaged feet,"Much better, thanks for asking. I feel actually guilty for not participating in the exercise." y/n admits sheepishly and Jamil couldn't help but smile a little,"It's probably for the best." he says and y/n smiles up at him.

The next activity on Azul's schedule was taking place in the kitchen,"There's one main reason we've grown as well as we have. And that would be...our diet, of course!" Azul states,"It's about getting the nutrients you need...not too many and not too few. This helps your afternoon performance." he explains and everyone pays close attention.

"Cooking is an essential life skill for gaining an understanding of food and developing a healthy diet." Jade adds on,"Maybe I should start cooking every now and then... I wouldn't have to worry about poison if I prepared meals myself." Kalim tells himself and y/n nods,"That's not a bad idea. Though, I'm one to talk since I'm not all that good in the kitchen." she says bashfully.

"Don't. You'll injure yourself again." Jamil immediately denies Kalim's idea, but Floyd had other ideas,"Okay, Sea Otter. You're in charge of stirrin' the pot." he grins widely as he hands Kalim a wooden spoon,"Keep an eye on that soup and make sure it doesn't boil over, would you?" Jade instructs and Kalim nods rapidly.

"Sure thing! Glad to help." he grins,"And me? What can I do to help out?" y/n asks as she points at herself,"You can help with prepping the soup's ingredients. Floyd will show you how." Azul tells her and y/n grins widely,"Impresionante!" she cheers,"Huh? What does that mean?" Kalim asks and y/n turns to him,"It means 'Awesome'." she reveals.

"All right, everyone. Let's make this a meal to remember." Jade says in a motivating manner,"Yes, sir!" everyone salutes before scurrying off to their respective stations,"Okay, I'm going to make the best-tasting soup ever!" Kalim declares as Floyd helped y/n with prepping the ingredients for the soup.

"I worry about having you cook on your own. I'll help." Jamil offers, but Azul places a hand on his shoulder,"No need to fret, Jamil. We will aid him." he reassures him and Jade leads Jamil over to a seat,"You just sit back and relax." he coaxes and Jamil gives Kalim one last glance,"Fine..." he says with a defeated tone and sits down.