Episode 5-14: Release of Emotion

After Epel accepted the bike helmet from Deuce, both of them got back on the blastcycle with Deuce taking the wheel. He drove off school campus and through town, the harbor before coming to a screeching halt on the beach near Royal Sword Academy.

"Okay, we're here." Deuce announces as he and Epel take their helmets off, and get off the bike,"Whew... You're more of a speed demon than I expected, Deuce. That scared me at first." Epel states as he ruffles his hair a bit,"Really? I mean, I thought I was going pretty slow... Er, y'know what? Forget I said anything." Deuce says sheepishly as they leave their helmets on the bike's seat.

"Anyway, Ignihyde sure knows how to trick out a blastcycle. It was hard just figuring out what all those different functions did." he admits with a smile as Epel's shoulders shook,"Heh heh. Well, I'm feeling better already! I love going out on drives." he says with a humorous chuckle as the two made their way near the crashing waves.

"Are you sure this was a good idea, though? You went off-campus without getting permission first." Epel suddenly asks and Deuce flinches a bit,"Erk... It didn't even occur to me to ask for permission until we were already out." he admits with a flustered grin before putting his hands together,"Will you help take some of the heat off me later?" he asks softly and Epel sighs a bit,"Vil and the others must be furious." he utters with a small smile as the two stare at the ocean, the sound of crashing waves easing their nerves slightly.

"You know, I think this is the first trip I've made to the beach since coming to this island." Epel says after a tiny bit of silence,"We're on the Isle of Sages, but Night Raven College sits atop a mountain on the north side." Deuce points out as he stares up at NRC at the far distance,"And Royal Sword Academy sits along the southern coast, right?" Epel hums as he looks at the castle-like academy and sweatdrops,"Wait... Is that Royal Sword Academy there?" he asks as he points at the building briefly, his eyes gleaming with awe.

"Wow... It's a school, but it looks more like a castle for kings and queens." he says with starry eyes,"I've seen it from the Night Raven observation deck, but never up close before. That place really is fancy." Deuce states with a hand on his hip as he also looks at RSA.

"My teammates in the Spelldrive Club say it's a place full of snotty, pampered rich boys... But that's also the school Neige goes to, and he's competing in the SDC, right?" Epel questions as he remembers that bit of info Vil told them.

Next to him, Deuce turns his attention back to the waves and takes a deep breath before bellowing,"I'M NEVER GONNA KNUCKLE UNDER, YOU HEAR ME?!" he shouts at the top of his lungs, scaring poor Epel into a different blood-type,"Huh?! What's wrong, Deuce? Why are you yelli-" he's cut off by Deuce yelling again.

"I'M NOT A SMART GUY, AND I CONSTANTLY MISS BASIC CUES!" he shouts as Epel's eyes widen at the sudden confession,"ALL MY OLD DELINQUENT HABITS ARE STILL THERE! I'VE GOT A HAIR-TRIGGER TEMPER! BUT I'M TRYING MY BEST, OKAY?! YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF ME, ACE?! WELL, THINK AGAIN!" Deuce growls as he throws both of his fists into the air and throws his head back slightly.

"ONE OF THESE DAYS, I'M GONNA BE A REAL HONORS STUDENT, AND YOU'LL BE EATING MY DUST FOR THREE MEALS A DAY! I'M GONNA CHANGE! YOU CAN COUNT ON THAT! AAAAAAAAAAAGH!" he yells as his screaming grew quieter until he finally let's out a breath of relief,"...Ahhh, that's much better!" he breathes out with a smile as he brings his hands down.

"G...Goodness gracious." Epel stammers as Deuce turns his head to him,"I do this whenever things aren't going my way and I get all out of sorts. I drive to the beach and let it all out at the top of my lungs. It always makes me feel better." he explains as he places a hand on his own head.

"For as long as I can remember, I've been a slow learner. I'd study hard, but my grades always stayed below average. I wanted an excuse for why I did so poorly in school... So over time, I started taking the easy way out. 'I'm not even trying. Of course my grades are bad'. 'It's lame to be a try-hard'. You know, stuff like that." he says and Epel's eyes briefly met the sand,"Oh...I didn't know." he mumbles.