Episode 5-10: A First-Time Setback

After Vil sorted things out at his dorm and returned to Ramshackle, y/n and Jamil quickly made dinner whilst following Vil's instructions. To say the least, dinner wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best either,"Whew... I finished my dinner, but I feel like I've still got room for more." Ace claims as he pats his stomach,"I know what you mean. It wasn't bad, but it just didn't have the spicy punch or richness I'm used to." Kalim pouts as they all head down the hallway.

"The dishes used vegetables, white meat chicken, and fruit. I thought the portions were reasonably sized." Jamil says,"They described it as a 'toning' menu, not a 'slimming-down' menu." Deuce mentions,"All those veggies are barely a meal to me..." Grim grumbles before jumping onto the railings.

"Y/n and I aren't even competing, so how about lettin' us have some more meat? Ooh, or somethin' fried!" he drools with a little twinkle in his eye,"I mean, I wouldn't mind something fried too. But, I think this'll be a good experience for us too, Buddy. Besides, it wasn't that bad." y/n chirps with a smile,"You've got to be kidding me." Grim gave her a disappointed look before his ears perked up when the doorbell buzzed.

"Hm? Who's showin' up this late?" he questions as y/n heads over to open the front door,"Oh, hello there, sir." she greets as a ghost floated before her, boxes upon boxes stacked behind him,"Special delivery! Is Epel Felmier of Pomefiore present?" the delivery ghost asks and Epel steps up beside y/n,"Y-yes. I'm Epel." he says softly and the ghost hands him a clipboard,"If you could sign here? We've got ten large boxes for you. Mind if we drop them off in the foyer?" he says as Epel signs the paper,"Sure, that's-wait, did you say TEN?!" Epel sputters in shock.

"Yes. It's from..." the ghost retrieves his clipboard and checks the sender,"Oh, this also says 'Felmier'. I take it that's your family? They're all heavy, so be careful carrying them." he warns before bringing the ten boxes of whatever inside.

Everyone could only stare with gaped mouths as the boxes form two tall towers,"The Ramshackle Dorm foyer's stacked floor to ceiling with boxes now." Deuce says as he takes a step back while the ghost left and Epel ruffles his own hair,"Ahhh! These have to be from Meemaw-" he exclaims with an accent before stopping himself short when he received quirked brows from everyone,"Ah, that is, from my grandmother." he corrects himself.

[Huh... Is Epel actually from the country side?] y/n wonders as Epel takes one of the boxes off carefully with floating magic,"I've told her so many times over the phone that she doesn't have to send this stuff." he mumbles as he held the box carefully,"What is it? A delivery of silks from your home?" Kalim asks and Epel smiles sheepishly.

"Oh, it's nothing so fancy. Um, my hometown produces a lot of apple-based goods. So I suspect these are all, ah...apple juice." he explains, having seen the label on the box,"Dude! Forget the Mostro Lounge, we could run our own drink stand with this much product!" Ace grins widely at the thought,"Dude, these are someone else's product. You gotta get permission first to sell it." y/n scolds him and Ace sweatdrops,"Sorry..." he mumbles while Epel and Kalim opened each boxes.

"Oh, there's a letter in one of the boxes. Let's see..." Epel pulls out an envelope, opens it and pulls out a letter,"'We had some unsold stock near its sell-by date. You can share it with your friends at school'." he reads out loud and sighs,"Fer cryin' out loud! Don't push yer stinkin' overstock on me, Meemaw!" he says with an accent once more, but quickly clears his throat.

"A-ahem. I mean, I can't believe they have so much they didn't sell." he says with furrowed brows, worry clear in his eyes,"If they're sending you this much stuff, you must come from a real rich family." Deuce remarks with a smile,"Huh?!" Epel makes a sound of bafflement

"Ooh, I think I get it. Are you so dedicated to your apple juice brand that it's all you want to drink?" Ace inquires,"N-not at all, honest! Everyone's welcome to have some. It's 100% apple juice, no preservatives. It's loaded with vitamins, and Vil...probably won't yell at you for drinking it. Tastes real good, too!" Epel offers with a smile, making Ace smirk.