Episode 5-15: Setting Things Right

"This is amazing. I'm seeing a whole flood of comments on the Magicam post saying they ordered the juice." Deuce tells him with a broad smile and Epel checks the comments himself, very much surprised at the hoarde of comments flooding in,"Oh...!" he sounds before a certain memory came to mind.

Flashback...

"You speak of being 'charming' and being 'strong' as though the two are mutually exclusive..." Vil sighs as he pinches the bridge of his nose,"...when in fact both of them are equally valid forms of power. As long as you fail to make that distinction, you will never be a match for me." he tells Epel.

End of Flashback...

"Is this the power of beauty Vil was talkin' about?!" Epel shouts as Deuce looks up from his phone,"Now that you mention it... The only reason this worked at all was because Vil was so focused on that. Magical might or brute strength alone never would've accomplished that." he says and Epel perks up,"Ah wonder... Ahem." he quickly clears his throat before speaking again.

"I mean, I wonder: was this the point Vil was tryin' to make about power? That my 'charm' is a power only I have, and I should weaponize it?" he questions,"Maybe. Neither of us are super smart or buff. But I bet nobody in this school has you beat in the cuteness department!" Deuce claims with confidence as Epel sweatdrops at his words,"Erk... Not sure how I should feel about that." he mumbles as he feels a bit of his man-pride get chipped away before shaking the feeling off.

"But it's true that I'm not gonna look this way forever. Just think, this time next year, I might be taller, or more muscular. Or I could have a mustache!" he fantasizes with glimmering eyes,"I dunno about that one, buddy." Deuce grins awkwardly, referring to the 'mustache' part

"Vil says my charm is my power. If I can put that power to good use in this year's SDC... Maybe I could give the town a way bigger boost than just sellin' a bunch of juice crates." Epel says as he looks at his hands,"Yeah. If there's power to be found in the things we've spent our whole lives being ashamed of... Then let's play to our strengths and prove we can break out of our shells!" Deuce exclaims as he gently bumps shoulders with Epel.

"If that's what it takes to beat our rivals, then who am I to say no? I'll double down!" he chuckles,"Heh heh... Yeah, I hear ya!" Epel beams up at him,"Epel, you know what I think we should do? We should win this year's SDC and prove ourselves to Ace and Vil!" Deuce suggests with a toothy grin that Epel mirrored,"That's what Ah'm talkin' about! Ah'll be cute an' powerful as kin be!" he cheers as he and Deuce share a high-five before laughing as they head back to the blastcycle.

"Hoo-wee! Look at this tricked-out blastcycle!" a voice whistles, catching Duece and Epel's attention,"Hm?" they hum as they spot three men surrounding the blastcycle,"I've never seen a model like this. The wheel and cowl are both totally modded." Man A says as he checks the blastcycle from every angle.

"If a blastcycle nut like you hasn't seen it, then who in the world owns this beaut?" Man B questions,"Can you drive a blastcycle without magic?" Man C asks as he puts his hands on his hips,"You can't do as much with it, but yeah, you can ride it. It's got a technomantic battery as backup. How do you not know that, anyway? That's Blastcycle 101! Aha ha!" Man A explains as he let's out a boisterous laugh.

"There's a whole mess o' folks eyeballin' our ride. Whaddaya reckon they want?" Epel looks at Deuce for answers, who has a worried look on his face,"I had to beg an Ignihyde student to let me borrow that against his better judgment. If I let it get damaged, I'm in serious trouble." Deuce frets before approaching the group of men.

"Hey, guys! That's my ride there." he calls out, drawing all of the attention onto himself,"Seriously? You're just some kid. Wait a minute..." Man B studies Deuce from head to toe before snapping his fingers,"I recognize that outfit. You go to Night Raven College!" he exclaims.