Episode 2-1: Scrambling for a Meal

Days have passed since the Unbirthday Party before y/n started to stir in her sleep again. The mirror ripples and glows in her room brightly again.

Y/n opens her eyes to the feeling of wind and her hair tickling her face,"I can hear the wind..." she utters as she looks up at a huge rock stretched out over a hoard of animals.

"What's happening?" she whispers before spotting a lion and a mandrill walking towards the edge of the said cliff. Y/n spots a small bundle of something in the mandrill's arms before she had to duck when a bird flew by her head.

A female lion then came up next to the male lion as the mandrill spare them a look before turning around and lifting up the bundle in it's arms, allowing the yellow sun rays to shine upon it. It was a yellow lion cub that was being shown off to the, now bowing, hoard of animals.

How does y/n know both the sun's rays and cub was yellow? It was the only color to be seen in this black and white world.

Soon, her world fades to black before her eyes flutter open to reveal the morning sun. She sits up with a small yawn before rubbing her head,"Another weird dream... Though, that was quite a majestic scene. Though, I'm also getting the feeling I've seen it somewhere before. Hmm..." she hums before feeling a small kick to her leg,"Hm?"

"Myaaah! Meeeooow! Myah myaaah..." Grim wiggles around on the bed and y/n smiles in amusement at this,"What's with that roar, buddy?" she quirks a brow before Grim kicks her leg again,"Myaaah... Thass whatchu get...
...fer crossin' Grim da Miiightyyy..." Grim snores with a grin.

"Oh~ I'm so scared~" y/n quietly giggle before rubbing Grim's side,"Grim, it's time to get up." she cooes softly,"That's right! Cower before me, teapot tyrant!" Grim yowls before his eyes flutter open,"BWUH-MYAH?!" he jerks himself fully awake,"...Huh? Where am I?" he sits up as he looks around.

"Aw, man! I was dreaming that I was trouncing Riddle with my magic. You shoulda seen his face..." he pouts with ears flat. Y/n giggles and picks him up before getting out of bed with him in her arms,"We've really been through a lot, huh? Guess all we have to do is train then if we wanna get stronger than Riddle." she hums, obviously knowing that's a bit impossible since Riddle had more training than them.

"All right, lemme just fix my bedhead." Grim grins, quickly matting his fur down before jumping from the girl's arms so she could enter the bathroom in privacy,"Then it's off to class! I've got magic to master!" he cheers and y/n nods with a hum,"Agreed buddy!"

The first half day of school felt quite long and exhausting, but luckily it was lunchtime now and the group made their way to the cafeteria,"Ugh. Professor Trein must have cast a sleepin' spell on me." Grim whines as he slumps over y/n's shoulder.

"I fought to stay awake, but he was sooo boring!" he adds and y/n sighs,"You barely resisted, bud." she tells him,"Yeah, 'fought', sure. I heard you snoring five minutes in." Deuce exposes as they enter the cafeteria,"Grub time! What's it gonna be today?" Ace sings before the group stop at the sight of students crowding around the buffet table.

"Huh, wait? What's going on? Why's it so crowded in here?" he points out,"No kidding. What's going on for them to act like this?" y/n utters with curiosity as the crowd of students push and pull at each other.

"That famous bakery from out of town is serving up their goods. It only happens once a month! Their stock sells out fast, so you'd better hurry!" one of the cafeteria ghosts informs them and the group turns their attention back to the crowd.

Heartslabyul A: "Gimme three of those chocolate croissants!"

Heartslabyul B: "Woo-hoo, I actually snagged an egg sandwich this month! These things are AMAZING!"