Episode 1-5: An Army of One

Once again that very same night, y/n was restless in her bad as she groans now and again, unaware that the mirror is glowing brightly again.

Her eyes flutter open to reveal that she's in a gigantic maze,"Another dream?" she whispers before a woman dressed in a black, white and red dress and is wearing a crown appears along with the little girl and same three clover cards. In her hand is a freshly ripped out rose bush as she towers over the three with an angered look.

"For painting my roses red, someone will lose his head!" the woman roars as she waves an uprooted rose bush around,"Y-your Majesty, if anyone's to blame, it's him!" the Three of Clubs points to Two of Clubs,"Have mercy, Your Grace. It was the Ace!" Two of Clubs points to the Ace of Clubs.

"So it was YOU." the queen glares at the accused card soldier,"Gah, no, it was the Two!" Ace of Clubs shouts as his body is covered in red paint,"Then he will pay." the queen scowls deeply,"It was the Three, I say!" Two of Clubs shouts as he points back at the Three of Clubs, but the queen lost her patience,"Enough of this. Off with ALL their head!" she screams.

This made y/n's eyes widen as other card soldiers passed her and drags the three club cards away,"Oooooooooh! Yaaaaay!" the card soldiers cheer as they whistle a tune as well,"Hee hee hee." the queen chuckles cruelly,"A fitting end. Color, you can't mend." a Two of Diamonds rhymes,"Everyone knows the roses should be red." a Three of Spades adds.

Y/n eyes are wide at this,"Wait... I know this! But, why can't I remember it still? What's going on? What's up and down? What's left and right? Ugh, someone just wake me up!" she groans as she holds her head.

"You don't need to take someone's head just for a little mistake like that... Why didn't you stop her, Alice...?"

Y/n's eyes flutter open as she finds herself lying on the couch. She sits up and holds her aching head,"Alice...? Who's that...?" she whispers to herself before seeing it's still the middle of the night. She shakes her head lightly before going back to sleep,"It's probably not important..." she mumbles, falling asleep.

Early morning, Deuce was the one to lightly shake her awake. Albeit reluctantly as the girl looks so peaceful whilst sleeping,"... Cute~" he cooes but looks up at the old broken grandfather clocks and spots the time.

"Y/n, wake up. The unbirthday party is today. If we're late, well, you know..." he lightly shakes the girl awake, who whines, but reluctantly sits up,"I'm up... I'm up... Man, I had a weird dream last night..." y/n yawns as she stretches her back,"Morning Deuce..."

"Morning y/n." Deuce smiles before hearing knocking,"Hmm? It sounds like you have a visitor." he utters before opening the front door, revealing a beaming Cater,"Good mooorning! Did you all enjoy your sleepover? Did you bond over pillow fights and card games?" he chirps as he sits next to y/n with an arm sling across her shoulders.

Ace yawns as he also gets up,"Oh, good morning, Cater. We did play some cards, yeah. But only Old Maid, 'cause that was the only one Grim knew how to play." he says as he points at Grim, who has a card stuck to the side of his face,"And I still got the old maid every time, dang it!" Grim whines as he yanks the card off and tosses it to the ground.

"Let's just say Grim doesn't have a very good poker face." Deuce chuckles teasingly,"He's right. Sorry buddy, ya got a bad poker face." y/n says with a sheepish smile before Cater jumps up.

"Well, you should get one of the tarts we made yesterday and go apologize to Riddle. And you should probably hurry, because after the trouble yesterday, we're a little short-handed." he says and y/n frowns at this.

"What does that mean?" Ace questions, but Cater waves him off,"Don't worry. I've totes got it under control. Anyway, off to the party we go!" he cheers, but y/n holds up a hand,"Uh, can we freshen up first, please?" she asks and Cater nods,"Oh, yeah... Hehe, sorry! Go ahead." he says.