Episode 3-2: Press-Gang Contract

After the whole sea anemone fiasco, Jack and y/n were quick to run after their friends and soon found themselves in the Hall of Mirrors along with a hoard of other students with the exact same sea anemone on their heads.

"Oh, it's the Hall of Mirrors... The place that leads to every dorm." Jack notes before y/n nudges him and points at the hoard of students being dragged somewhere.

"I was so sure I'd make the top fifty!" a Heartslabyul resident cries out,"Blast it all, I've been had! That cheating cephalo-punk!" a Savanaclaw resident growls with anger as he held onto his anemone,"My school life is doomed now. Doooomed!" a Scarabia resident wails as they're pulled to a single mirror.

"Huh? It's not just the three stooges... There are other students here with sea anemones coming outta their heads. I'm seeing some sophomores and juniors in here, too." Jack notes as his eyes follows their dragged forms,"And they're all going through the mirror leading to Octavinelle Dorm." he states.

"They're all also complaining about the same thing. Their test ranking and also about some 'cheating cephalo-punk'." y/n adds and Jack hums,"Let's head over and see what's up." he says and they both follow after the hoard of students to the Octavinelle mirror.

It was beautiful carved out with octopus tendrils framing around with the dorm's crest carved at the very top. The small steps are also decorated with colorful shells and corals as the small area is lit up by shell-shaped lamps giving off a faint purple hue.

The duo jumped through mirror and are met with the bottom of the sea. Before them stood the dorm and they also took note of how their bodies are still dry,"Whoa! This is crazy! A dorm underwater!? And we're still dry!? Awesome!" y/n gushes with awe as she waves her hand in the air, her movements still normal despite being underwater.

"For real?! Night Raven College is so cool!" Jack gushes as well with a big smile and wagging tail before noticing y/n's teasing smile directed at him. He coughs into his fist and grabs his tail,"Just remember we're treading on another dorm's turf. Keep your wits about you." he warns her as he walks ahead of her,"Whatever you say Mr. Serious." y/n playfully rolls her eyes as she follows after the tsundere wolf.

They followed the hoard of students into the dorm and down a glass tunnel hallway showcasing the underwater world for them. It wasn't long before they're gathered in a lounge.

"Oh man, that's a lot of people." y/n says with a nervous expression as she and Jack hid behind some furniture,[Hold. Up... Is that a bar!?] she thought with wide eyes,[Is that legal around here!?]

"There's gotta be a hundred-no, closer to two hundred people here. What is this place, anyway? Some kinda coffee shop?" Jack casts his gaze all over the place before it lands on a huge sign,"'Mostro Lounge'?" he reads before looking into the crowd,"Where did Ace and the others go?" he questions,"I can't see them either." y/n utters before the lights went out with a snap of someone's fingers.

"Huh, who turned out the light?" she whispers as Jack pulls her closer to his side out of instinct. Not a second later, a spotlight shone on a familiar face standing tall on top of a small stage. It was none other than Azul Ashengrotto,"Well, well. What have we here? A band of misfortunate souls who failed to break into the top 50. Welcome to the Mostro Lounge." he greets everyone with a sickeningly sweet smile.

"Azul? Oh, come on! Not another Housewarden!" y/n whispers with an exasperated expression,"I'm sure you're all WELL aware of who I am, but let's go over it again anyway. My name is Azul Ashengrotto." Azul take a humble half-bow,"I am the housewarden of Octavinelle Dorm, the manager of the Mostro Lounge cafe, aaand..." he looks up with a devious smirk,"As of today, you have to listen to everything I say." he declares.