Episode 5-7: Forming a Tribe

As instructed on the letter, right after school the small group made their way to Pomefiore,"I guess there's going to be more dancing and singing training for the selected ensemble members." Deuce notes as they wait for the other members that made it,"Well, yeah." Ace shrugs while Grim growls with crossed arms,"Grrr... I'm still sour that I lost to you two." he spat as he kicks a pebble away.

"Hey, looks like the other are here." y/n informs them as Kalim and Jamil walk through the mirror,"Hey, guys!" Kalim greets as he waves the group,"Oh, hey. It's Kalim and Jamil. What are you guys doin' here?" Grim asks and y/n face-palms at him,[Oh, Grim. I love you, Buddy, but please use your brain for ones.] she thought with a small smile.

"We passed the audition screening. Did you pass as well?" Jamil inquires and Ace nods with a grin,"We sure did!" he cheers proudly,"So you performed well at audition! That's great!" Kalim claps for them,"They totally left ME out, though! This really yank my tail..." Grim pouts as his tail sways to showcase his annoyance.

"I think even Vil would be hard-pressed to fit YOU on the team." Jamil states and Kalim kneels before Grim,"Cheer up, Grim. Want a cracker?" he offers as he pulls out a baggy full of crackers from his pocket,"Urgh, not this again! Somebody tell this guy that cracker aren't the answer to everything." Grim gags as he climbs up to y/n's shoulder as Kalim stood back up,"Hey, don't be rude now." y/n taps his nose before the group was approached by a couple of Pomefiore residents.

"You there, the group of five with a cat. Halt!" Pomefiore A shouts as he holds up a hand,"Are you talking to us?" Deuce asks with confused eyes,"I see of you passed the SDC ensemble audition." Pomefiore B huffs with his nose in the air and y/n quirks a brow at their attitude,"Yup! Vil asked to see us. Would you mind taking us to him?" Kalim asks kindly, but both Pomefiore students smirk with chuckles.

"Heh... Not so fast. Nobody simply waltzes into our dorm!" Pomefiore A exclaims as he pulls out his magical pen,"Huh?" Ace, Kalim and Grim noise their confusion while Jamil gently pulls y/n behind him,"The gates of Pomefiore are open only to those who exhibit both beauty and strength!" Pomefiore B says as he also pulls out his magical pen and throws his glove on the ground,"The gauntlet is thrown. Pick it up!" he demands.

"Wait, I'm confused. Why did he just throw a literal glove at us?" Kalim questions as he scratches the back of his head,"Stay sharp, Kalim! Incoming!" Jamil warns hims as he, Ace and Deuce whip out their magical pens and get into defensive stances,"Grim, help 'em out." y/n says and Grim nods before jumping off her shoulder to help the guys in their battle.

Though it was the strangest and quickest battle y/n has ever witnessed as the Pomefiore students stumble back,"Rgh... You're not half-bad." Pomefiore A grunts before 'fainting',"Just remember: this is only the beginning. The road to true beauty is long and fraught with peril... Rgh..." Pomefiore B quotes before also 'fainting'.

"Uh, what was that?" y/n asks with a quirked brow,"Why in the world would they attack us unprovoked?" Jamil questions and the others shrug,"Let's just get to the ballroom for now." Deuce suggests and they all head inside.

Though when they entered the lounge area, there was two more Pomefiore students waiting for them,"You must be the ones who passed the audition!" Pomefiore C exclaims with an unnecessary pose,"You got through the guys at the front gate, but they were just your warm-up." Pomefiore D states with a cocky grin as he and Pomefiore C stood back to back.

"Now you face us. Don't think for a minute that we'll let you reach our housewarden without a fight!" Pomefiore C says a he yanks out his magical pen,"What?! YOU guys invited US!" Ace reminds them with wide eyes,"This isn't makin' any sense!" Grim sighs as he pulls on his ears,"Incoming guys!" y/n warns them and Jamil puts her behind the group again,"Stay here." he says,"I'm not helpless, ya know?" y/n tells him with crossed arms,"I know, but this is a magic battle." Jamil reminds her before joining the guys while y/n sighs,"I can just beat 'em with my broom. If I had brought it, that is." she mumbles as she watches the battle from the sidelines.