Episode 4-3: A Late Night Surprise

Y/n and Grim had followed the residents outside to the courtyard to watch them train. Y/n had to be honest, she wished she could join them if she had magic. She does also wonder that if she had magic, what her  Magic would be. Simple thoughts like that.

"Okay, training done! Now let's be off!" Kalim cheers as he ran towards y/n and snatches up her wrist so he could drag her along with him while Grim ran after them,"Whoa, Kalim slow down!" y/n yelps at the sudden movement,"Wait, you've got other work to-" Jamil gives up with a sigh as he watches Kalim run off with y/n.

Kalim had dragged the Ramshackle Duo back inside the dorm and down a hallway,"Maaan, this place is FAN-CY! Nothin' at all like Ramshackle Dorm." Grim says with awe as he looks all around him,"Even I have to admit, this place is like a palace." y/n says with glimmering eyes as she studies every structure of decor in the building.

"Is it really that impressive to you? I know that back when I enrolled, Dad said he donated a bit to the school to give the place a fresh coat of paint, but..." Kalim explains to them,"Geez, how rich are you?! Are you some kinda prince like Leona?" Grim asks with shock while y/n cups her chin in thought,[I'm starting to see a pattern here with these Housewardens. But, I wouldn't be surprised if Kalim was a prince too.] she thought.

"The Asims aren't royalty, and I'm not a prince. I've got some relatives in the royal family, though." Kalim reveals,"Wait, Asim? I thought your name was Al-Asim." Grim asks with curiosity.

"'Al' means 'son' in the ancient language of the Land of the Scalding Sands. So we name families after the founders that start them. And all the men of that time refer to themselves as the founder's son." Kalim explains as y/n's eyes glimmer with interest and curiosity.

"In my case, Asim is our honored founder's name, and 'Al' means son..." he turns to them with a smile and a finger lifted up,"So Kalim Al-Asim means Kalim, Son of House Asim." he finishes.

"Huh, I never thought much about where names come from. Fascinatin'." Grim says with interest and wonder,"I hope that wasn't too in-depth for you? Anyway, feel free to just call me Kalim." Kalim chirps begore turning back around and continues to lead them down the hallway.

"Well, there are students from all over the world, you're bound to learn something new from meeting them. And, it's really fun to learn something new from them!" y/n says with a smile before Kalim turns back around and grabs her hands,"You should pay the Land of the Scalding Sands a visit sometime! I'd be happy to have you as guest." he promises before letting go of y/n's hands with pink cheeks.

"I bet you live in some kinda fancy mansion that's halfway to bein' a castle." Grim claims,"Oh, hardly. We only have around a hundred helpers." Kalim says as if it's no big deal,"A hundred!?" y/n's jaw drops at the number,"'Only'? In what world does that deserver 'only'?! I've only got one hench-human, myself..." Grim says as he pats y/n's leg, who playfully nudges him with it.

"Well, we're a big family. We need at least that many people to look after them all." Kalim reveals,"By 'big', do you mean you have a lot of siblings or something?" y/n asks and Kalim nods,"Yeah! About thirty or so." he explains,"Sorry you have THAT many siblings?!" the Ramshackle Duo's eyes bulges out of their head at that high of number.

"Yeah, so many I quit counting. I do remember all of their names and faces, though. Aha ha!" Kalim says proudly as he continues the tour,"His mom must be superhuman to have survive that many births. My respect goes out to her." y/n thought with a dumbfounded look,"You guys do everything on a whole other level..." Grim mutters.

"Jamil's mom and dad are among our servants. So Jamil's always around and looked after me ever since he was a young boy. And he is seriously amazing, believe me. He's smart, thoughtful, and most of all, he's a great cook!" Kalim praises with eyes full of fondness,"That I can't deny! The food was so delicious." y/n chirps,"The proof of that last one's in the puddin', for sure." Grim praises.