Episode 5-8: A Brand New Song

The very next day, also know as the first day of training camp of when everyone would arrive with their luggage in hand right at Ramshackle Dorm. Y/n was a little exhausted since she had to clean a lot of rooms for the others, luckily Grim and the ghosts helped her out a bit.

The knock at the door at her running down the stairs, tripping a few times, before ripping the door open to reveal everyone,"Hey guys, welcome." she greets with a small smile,"Bonjour, y/n. Grim." Rook greets as well with a small bow,"We shall be availing ourselves of your hospitality for the next four weeks. Thank you for having us." he says with gratitude as everyone pools into the hallway.

"Whatever it takes to get that tuna." Grim grumbles, balancing himself on the rails,"Can't believe the training is still being held here, but whatever. If you guys need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be happy to help out." y/n offers humbly while Vil swipes his finger over a nearby small table, humming with a satisfied tone.

"My. It's certainly cleaner than I was expecting." he admits, crossing his arms,"Of course it's clean! Who in their right mind would live in the dust and rubble?" y/n remarks with a pointed look, amusing Vil somewhat,"That's a fair point." he hums. Y/n huffs before turning to Epel,"Hey Epel, good to see you." she greets and Epel avoids eye contact with pink cheeks,"Hello..." he greets back softly.

"Wow, the ceilings are so low in here. I'd hit my head if I tried to ride my magic carpet around." Kalim comments with a smile, craning his neck to stare at the ceiling,"Maybe don't fly indoors at all." Jamil sighs before turning to y/n,"Y/n, would you mind letting me share Kalim's room or take a room adjacent to his? This dorm is less secure than Scarabia, since you don't have to pass through a mirror to get here." he requests.

"I'm sure I can work something out for you." y/n replies and Kalim pats Jamil's back,"You're so paranoid, Jamil. We haven't had a single assassination attempt on campus since I enrolled." he grins while the others sweatdrop at his choice of words,"It's not you I'm worried about; it's me, if anything happens to you. Just because you were safe yesterday doesn't mean you'll be safe today." Jamil tells him as he brushes Kalim's hand off.

"Hey, guys!" Ace greets as he and Deuce finally made their appearance,"Yo!" y/n grins at the Duo as they share a two-way fistbump,"Thanks for having us, y/n." Deuce says with gratitude before handing the girl two boxes,"Here, these are from Trey." he informs her.

"Thanks." y/n tales a wiff and is immediately hit with a sweet scent,"Ooh, what's in the boxes? I smell a sweet treat!" Grim asks eagerly as he jumps off the rails straight onto y/n's shoulder,"It's a homemade chocolate cake and some apple pie, courtesy of Trey." Ace reveals and y/n drools,"Awesome! Apply pie is my favorite!" she chirps with a beaming smile.

"He said if we were imposing on another dorm's hospitality, we should at least bring gifts. What is he, our mom? We can split it with everybody later." Ace adds with a grin,"Myah hah! You can always count on Mr. Shrewd Specs to do the thoughtful thing." Grim laughs as he jumps off y/n.

"I'm afraid I'll have to confiscate those gifts." Vil suddenly says as he gently tales the two boxes from y/n,"What?! Why?!" the Ramshackle Duo ask with devastated tones,[My apple pie...] y/n thought with an imaginary tear dotting the corner of her eye.

"Gracious. Trey never changes, does he? He's the type of man one must truly watch himself around, the kind who spoils people rotten under the guise of knowing what's best." Vil says with a shake of his head as he hands the boxes over to Rook,"Are you gonna make up some nonsense about rules and throw out perfectly good food like Riddle?! Because I got some choice words for anybody that lets food go to waste!" Grim threatens wirh a heated glare.

"Grim!" y/n says with a warning and scolding tone,"Pardon? I never said anything about throwing it out." Vil tells him before paying attention to the others,"Anyway, all of you are to take your luggage and gather in the lounge. I have an important matter to discuss before we start." he says and everyone quickly made their way to the lounge while Rook quickly put the two boxes of treats in the kitchen before joining everyone in the lounge.