Prologue 0-6: The Prologue Adjourned

Once the group made it back to NRC, they announced to Crowley, who was conveniently in the Mirror Chamber, that they're back,"Pardon?! You're telling me you actually went to the Dwarfs' Mine in search of a magestone?" Crowley inquires with disbelief, causing the group to sweatdrop at his unusual words,"Uh...? Yes?"

"I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it." Crowley admits with awe,"And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone! And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents." he adds with a shake of his head.

"Are you serious?! While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!" Grim growls with ears pinned back,"'Monster'...?" Crowley perks up at this,"Yeah. There was a monster, all right. A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!" Ace explains.

"Would you kindly relate this story in full?" Crowley asks and the group proceeds to tell him of their journey to the mine and their fight with the monster. By that time, they found themselves in Crowley's office and y/n stares at the portraits of the Great Seven floating behind Crowley's desk.

"Hmmm. So a mysterious monster was living in the mines. And the four of you worked together to destroy it, and then brought its magestone back to me?" Crowley summerizes with chin resting on laced fingers.

"I don't know that I'd call it 'working together'." Ace stares off to the side with pink cheeks,"It was more like we just happened to share the same goal at the same time..." Deuce spits out in embarrassment and y/n rolls her eyes at them before mouthing to Crowley that they did work together.

"Oh, gracious... Ohhh... Ohhhhhhhh" the man suddenly starts balling his eyes out, a handkerchief already in his hand. This caught the group off guard,"What is this guy's deal?! Burstin' into tears in public? At this age?!" Grim questions with uncomfortable eyes.

"In all the decades I've worked at this school... The day has finally come when the students of Night Raven College have joined hands together to defeat a common foe!" Crowley dramatically sobs with droplets of tears flying from his eyes.

"Whoa! No! No way would I join hands with that guy!" Deuce states as he comically points at Ace,"Okay, one, there was no joining of hands. Gross." Ace gags before pointing at Crowley,"And two, exactly HOW old are you, headmage?" he asks and y/n slaps his hand down,"It's rude to point and to ask someone their age."

"At this moment, I am moved beyond words. This incident has proven my hopes were justified." Crowley stands up from his desk and approaches y/n,"Y/n, my doubts are allayed! For you... You possess the talents of a beastmaster!" he declares,"Say what now!? Beastamer!?" y/n jumps at this declaration.

"My students have all been selected by the Dark Mirror for their exceptional talent and potential. But great talent begets great pride and big egos. Most are so self-reliant and self-centered that they never even consider cooperating with others." Crowley explains and with each harsh word coming from his mouth, an imaginary arrow pierces Deuce and Ace on the side of their heads.

"You make it sound like that's a bad thing." Grim sweatdrops with y/n,"But you, y/n, possess no magic. Yet in spite of that, or perhaps because of it, you were able to convince those who CAN use magic to work together for a common goal." Crowley continues.

"The everyday, humdrum mundanity you possess may be exactly what Night Raven College needs!" he exclaims with arms spread out. This time an imaginary arrow hits y/n's head,"But... none of those words are good things?" Ace yells with disbelief.

"Y/n... I am convinced that people like you are necessary for the future of this school. My educator's intuition tells me so." Crowley pats the girl's shoulder,"Trappola, Spade, I hereby revoke your pending expulsions! Furthermore, y/n... I am granting you the qualifications necessary to attend at Night Raven College!" he announces joyfully.