Life in Captivity

River groaned as she was placed down onto one hell of an uncomfortable couch. Her eyes began to flutter open as a man began removing the ropes which were binding her ankles and wrists. River simply watched him as he worked in an attempt to figure out what was going on. The man then began to untie Elena who was lying next River on the same couch.

A string of whimpers escaped Elena's lips as the man removed her ropes, not caring to avoid her wounds.

"What do you want?" Elena asked the man.

She would die first in a horror movie.

The man simply hushed her as he placed down her legs.

"Please I'm hurt." Elena pleaded.

"I know" He said, the veins under his eyes threatening to break through.

So he's a vampire?

"Just a taste." The man added as he began lowering his lips to Elena's neck.

"Trevor," A woman's voice scolded, "Control yourself." Trevor then stood from the couch before speaking.

"Buzz kill" He muttered.

"What do you want with us?" Elena asked.

"My God" The woman said in disbelief, "You look just like her."

"But I'm not. Please, whatever you-" Elena started.

"Be quiet" The woman scolded, cutting Elena off.

"But I'm not Katherine." Elena continued.

Oh trust me, I know...

"My name is Elena Gilbert. You don't have to do this." Elena said.

"I know who you are. I said, be quiet." The woman repeated.

"What do you want?" Elena asked.

Without hesitation, the woman then slapped Elena across the room causing River to cover her mouth with her hand in an attempt to stifle her reaction.

"I want you to be quiet." The woman answered.

Only a psychopath would laugh when they have been kidnapped and their kidnapee-roommate, who is also their best friend, almost gets murdered in front of them.

"Are you going to be as much of a problem?" The woman snapped as she turned to River. River, still trying to process everything, shook her head. "Good" The woman said before exiting the room.

I have a terrible response to crisis.

-----

"How's the girl?" The woman asked Trevor in another room.

For vampires with supernatural hearing they sure do talk insanely loud.

"Still passed out" Trevor responded.

"You didn't touch her, did you?"

"Give me some credit"

Slowly, Elena then began to open her eyes. River instantly rushed to her side and indicated for Elena to be silent as they continued to listen to their kidnapper's conversation.

Normal teenage girl things...

"So you called him?" Trevor questioned.

"No, I called one of his contacts. You know how this works."

"Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?"

Hot name.

"They say he got it"

"Wonderful, now what?"

Elena then stood up and began to quietly creep out of the room.

Buffy on her way to slay the vampires.

"So that's it, Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait."

"Look it's not too late. We can leave them. We don't have to go through with this."

"I'm sick of running"

"Yeah? Well, running keeps us from dying."

"Elijah's old-school. If he accepts our deal, we are free." The woman said before her attention was stolen by the floorboard under Elena's step which creaked with her movement. "You." The woman warned. "There is nothing around here for miles." She said, "If you think you're getting out of here you're wrong. Understand?"

"Who's Elijah?" Elena blurted out nervously.

"He's your worst nightmare." The woman said before walking away.

He sounds hot.

-----

"Why am I here?" Elena repeated knowing eventually they would answer at least one of her questions.

"You keep asking these questions like I'm going to answer them" The woman stated as she walked around the room.

"Why won't you?" Elena questioned.

"That's another one." She said as she picked up one of the boxes.

"You got us, okay?" Elena said. River, who was moderately convinced the migraine she had gotten from Elena's repetition was going to give her permanent brain damage, then began helping the woman rearrange the furniture to distract herself from Elena's words. When the woman eyed her suspiciously, River only covered part of the window that was letting in sunlight to show she had no ulterior motives. "It's not like we can go anywhere." Elena continued, "The least that you can do is tell us what you want with us."

"I personally want nothing to do with you and I don't even know why she's here." The woman said, her eyes flickering to River, "I'm just a delivery service."

"To who?" Elena asked, "Elijah?"

Yeah I stopped listening here...

-----

"Tell me more." Elena said.

"Captivity's made her pushy eh?" Trevor questioned as he entered the room. "What do you want to know, doppelicious?" Trevor asked.

"Who are you running from?" Elena asked.

"The Originals." Trevor said.

"Yeah. She said that. What does that mean?" Elena persisted.

"They're the original vampires." River muttered, piecing everything together whilst she read one of the book currently littered across the floor.

"What do you know?" Trevor teased, "It speaks. But she's right. The first family. The Old World. Rose and I pissed them off." Rose quickly turned to him. Trevor, realising how he worded that, corrected himself. "Correction, I pissed them off. Rose had my back. And for over half a millennium, they've wanted us dead."

"What did you do?" Elena questioned.

"He made the same mistake countless others did. He trusted Katerina Petrova." Rose stated.

So did I...

Why am I the only one who that hasn't come back to haunt?

"Katherine." Elena pieced together.

"The one and only." Rose muttered, her tone laced with distaste.

She clearly doesn't like her.

"The first Petrova doppelganger." Rose continued.

"I helped her escape her fate, and now I've- sorry- we've been marked ever since." Trevor said.

"Which is why we are not going to make the same mistake again." Rose added.