Guilty as Charged

"What are you drawing?" Finn asked as he looked up at her.

"Cupid." River answered simply.

"Do I want to know why?" Finn asked as he rolled over, removing his head from her lap where it had previously been resting. Finn then adjusted his body so that he was lying on his chest instead of his back and his head was propped up above River's lap by his hands as he tried to see what she was drawing.

"I figured it could be a cool tattoo." River stated. Finn hummed in acknowledgment as he moved his attention to the tattoos he could see scattered around her currently exposed skin. Gently, Finn then began tracing one of the more detailed ones which sat on the back of her upper arm.

Subconsciously, River then adjusted her freehand so that it was resting in Finn's whilst she continued sketching with her other hand. 

After a few moments of Finn watching River draw, Finn sat up out of River's hold so that he was seated next to her which allowed him to rest his jaw on her shoulder. River didn't mind the shift in positioning as she moved her hand which was previously holding his hand to rest on his thigh, Finn's hand then coming to rest on her hand. 

As River's focus remained on the notebook beneath her hand, she didn't notice when Finn gently rested his nose against the side of her throat. 

Once River had filled the page she was working on with possible ideas, she decided to shift her focus from her drawings to her surroundings, trying to give her mind a short break. When River's eyes began flickering around the room, she finally noticed the soft sensation coming and going against her neck. After thinking over what was happening quickly, River came to a slightly concerning revelation.

"Are you sniffing me?" River asked, genuinely confused by her observation.

"Maybe." Finn admitted guiltily.

okay then...

As River accepted that this was possibly one of the less weird things Finn could be doing to her, her thoughts began to flick through everything that Elijah had explained about soulmates.

"Do you want to activate the bond?" River thought out loud.

"Yes." Finn blurted out quickly, his head instantly perking up. "Sorry- yes." He repeated in a calmer manner. It took River a moment to process that she had in fact said that aloud before she responded.

"Okay." River uttered, now realising that she hadn't entirely thought her idea through. "Do you want to get like a cup? " She asked, not knowing the etiquette around drinking someone's blood. 

Finn's expression faltered momentarily at her words which didn't go unnoticed by River as she tried to think through what other ways she could drink his blood with her lack of fangs.

"Finn." River urged when she noticed how Finn clearly wanted to say something.

"Well-" Finn started awkwardly, "It would feel  better if you drank from the vein." 

"I can't exactly bite you though." River countered, surprisingly unfazed by the concept of drinking his blood.

"I can take care of that." Finn reassured as he lifted his wrist and prepared to break the skin with his own fangs.

"Wait." River blurted out before just before Finn bit into his wrist. As the veins under Finn's eyes faded, Finn raised his head, patiently waiting for her to continue. "This seems kind of public." River reasoned. "I mean your siblings could come home at any moment."

"Right." Finn uttered, dropping his gaze to the floor as he tried to fight the feelings of rejection playing through him.

"Do you have a bedroom or something?" River asked causing the Finn to instantly perk up again.

"Yes." Finn answered quickly, as he stood up swiftly before he picked up River by the backs of her thighs, encouraging her to rest her legs around his waist whilst her arms wrapped around his neck.

the rollercoaster of emotions I just put this man through concerns me.

Finn quickly closed the door behind them once he sped her to his room, pressing her against his wall as he met her lips with his. One of River's hands then moved from his neck to his hair, earning her a muffled moan as she tugged on his locks.

As Finn pushed against River more, River couldn't stop herself as she subconsciously tilted her head, granting Finn the access he craved to her neck. Unable to resist, Finn moved his lips to her throat and began worshipping the delicate skin which filled River with pleasure.

Finn couldn't help himself as his fangs came through, grazing the most sensitive part of River's throat causing her to grip his shoulder tighter for support. Finn pulled back slightly, looking up at her for her consent as he tried to control his urge to bite her.

"Not yet." River uttered, not knowing if she could bring herself to find pleasure in such a gesture yet.

Finn instantly accepted her answer, understanding how new this was for her. Suddenly, Finn placed her down and spun her around with his heightened speed, pressing her up against the bookshelf in his room.

oh damn. 

"Are you sure about this?" Finn asked one final time as he pulled the hair covering her neck to one side.

"Yes." River answered softly before Finn bit into the skin around his wrist and presented it to River. River hesitated momentarily before denying herself the chance to overthink anymore and running her tongue over the wound before she began to drink.

no going back now...

As River continued drinking, receiving a surprising amount of pleasure from his sweet taste,  Finn began pulling the skin around the sweet spot on her neck in between his blunt teeth, sending chills over her skin as she pulled his wrist closer to her mouth.

Subconsciously, a pleased purr escaped Finn's throat as his inner vampire relished in the intimacy he was experiencing with his mate. After a moment, River pulled back from his wrist, realising how she had lost herself in the feeling and wasn't entirely sure how much she had actually drunk. 

that felt super intimate-

Still craving the sweet taste once she pulled back, River hesitantly licked the bloody area around his wrist clean whilst the wound healed. Once the wound had healed, Finn calmly turned River around so that she was facing him yet again, trying to assess her reaction to what had just happened.

Slightly harder than before, Finn pressed up against River, realising how much activating the bond had actually affected his attachment to her, causing her to stumble back against the bookshelf which resulted in a few items tumbling off. Frantically, Finn began pressing short kisses to River's lips and jaw.

And I thought the whole possessive obsessive soulmate thing was a joke...

Finn then used his hands, one on her hips, the other around her waist, to walk River over to his bed, his lips still on hers. When River's legs met with Finn's bed, she fell back softly, catching herself with her arm before she pulled herself up the bed, allowing Finn to crawl over her.

As Finn began to kiss down her neck, River finally caught her breath, her mind beginning to process what had just happened. Once River regulated her breathing, she tilted her neck more, granting Finn even more access whilst River's thoughts caught up to her.

"Did you purr during that?" River blurted out as her mind began to clear from the blinding pleasure she had just experienced. 

Finn guiltily buried his head in the crook of her neck out of embarrassment of how he had let his inner vampire slip through.

"It's okay." River reassured, trying to hide the amusement she held for his reaction. Noticing Finn holding his upset composure whilst her clung to her, River gently lifted his jaw, encouraging him out of his embarrassment before she pressed her lips to his once again.

cutie.