Normal Porch Activities

"What are you doing here?" River asked, her gaze flickering back to see if Delilah was still occupied.

"Can we talk?" Klaus questioned uncomfortably. River then looked between Klaus and the floor of her home, trying to weigh up if it was better for her to invite him in or for her to go outside. After checking the surrounding area of her front yard, River walked past the boundary of the home, closing the door behind her enough so that it was resting on the frame.

"What's up?" River asked she crossed her arms when she was met with the cool breeze of the night.

"I just wanted to know if you were okay after everything since you haven't contacted us in two weeks after- well you know." Klaus explained, very clearly nervous.

"Yeah sorry." River started as she shifted in her stance, "I've kind of been grounded and I don't exactly have any of your phone numbers or any other way to contact any of you."

"Right." Klaus said, mainly to himself, "A normal reason." 

"It is." River confirmed.

"Because only a crazy person would overthink to the point where they believed you had fled the country after being so heavily overwhelmed by everything that Elijah had explained." Klaus rambled quickly.

"I'm still here." River reassured. "But I do hear Canada is nice this time of year." She teased causing relief to flood his anxious expression.

"Right." Klaus uttered, his mind still racing from his rant, "I should probably- go or something."

"You can stay for a minute if you'd like." River said, feeling bad for having him leave after seeing how anxious he seemed to be.

"Please." Klaus accepted eagerly. Klaus then followed River as she walked over to the bench on her front porch.

"What has happened since I left?" River questioned as she sat down.

"The mansion I was planning to have built has finally been made." Klaus began.

"Does it not take like two years to build a mansion?" River questioned.

"When you can compel workers, it only takes a month." Klaus explained.

ethical...

"But I've mainly been helping Kol, Rebekah, and Finn adjust to the 21st century." Klaus added, "Oh and Finn finally got rid of his god-awful haircut."

"His hair wasn't that bad." River objected.

"It was quite bad." Klaus reasoned. "What about you, how did you get grounded for two weeks?"

"I was home two days late." River explained.

"I'm going to need more context." Klaus stated as he subtly slipped one of his arms around River's waist.

"When I told my parents I was planning to stay with Elena for two days, I was actually with you for fours days." River clarified.

"Because I kidnapped you." Klaus pieced together.

"Pretty much." River deadpanned

"Does that make you not contacting us my fault?" Klaus asked.

"Sort of." River teased.

"Does that mean I'm responsible for all of the broken furniture?" Klaus questioned.

"Broken furniture?" River clarified.

"My siblings can get very-" Klaus began, pausing as he searched for the right word, "frustrated."

"Damn." River muttered to herself.