Life in Captivity... Take 2

"Thanks." River stated as Matt handed her the takeaway latte she had ordered. 

After Elena came back to the mansion last night, Elijah explained how he could save the life of the doppelganger before River, Elena, and Elijah went to present the new agreement to the Salvatores. Now, it was the next day, and River was planning to spend it at Elena's house, helping her have the best last few days in case things didn't work out with the elixir.

Once River had acquired her liquid energy, she left the grill, awkwardly holding her inconveniently hot latte in one hand, her wallet and phone in the other. Before River could reach her car, she felt the repetitive vibrations of he phone pulsating though her hand. 

Automatically assuming that is was Elena calling, asking about why she was running late, River gripped her wallet in the crook of her elbow and answered her phone, instantly holding it in between her shoulder and ear as she searched her back pocket for her car keys.

"River." Alaric's voice frantically blurted out once River answered her phone.

"Ric?" River questioned, quickly recalling that Klaus was meant to be in Alaric's body.

"It's me." Alaric reassured, "It's actually me. Klaus left my body. I don't know what happened or what to do-"

"Hey, it's okay." River started, not knowing what she was meant to do in this situation, "Just give me a minute to figure out where you are."

"Where are you?" Alaric asked instantly.

Why does he need to know where I am?

"River." Alaric repeated once she didn't respond, "Let me come to you. I don't want anyone else near Klaus after what he just did."

I'm so going to regret this-

YOLO

"I'm outside the grill." River answered reluctantly once she observed that it was actually Alaric, "But-"

"I'll be there soon, Love." An accented voice which River hadn't heard before stated.

The fuck?

That wasn't Ric...

Before River could question the new voice, the line went dead.

Klaus.

OH NO

OH FUCK

FUCK ME

FUCK NO

FUCK THIS

we can double back to how hot his voice was when he said 'Love' later...

River instantly hurried to her car, not wanting to be around when Klaus showed up. Once River reached her car, she quickly slipped out her car keys and unlocked her door.

As River's hand met the handle, she felt another hand rest on top of hers. River's stomach dropped as she brought herself to look in the reflection of her car window.

At least he's hot.

I want to be killed by someone who is hot-

River's thoughts were stilled as a wave of nausea and tiredness overtook her causing her breathing to shift as she collapsed. Before River passed out, she felt Klaus' arms wrap around her, preventing her from falling.

"I've got you, Love." Klaus whispered as he held River who was drifting unconscious.

R.I.P. Latte