Agree to Disagree

"Boo." River threatened as she pounced onto Elijah's back. Effortlessly, Elijah was able to turn around and catch her. "Did I scare you?" River questioned as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

"I am horror-stricken." Elijah confirmed before pressing his lips to hers.

"Can you two continue your foreplay in any room other than the kitchen?" Rebekah requested causing Elijah to pull away from River's lips.

"Ignore her," River dismissed, "She's just still pissed about the whole Katherine thing."

"I AM N-" Rebekah started before she was cut off.

"I told Nik he should have picked a bigger apartment." Kol muttered, mindlessly flicking through some cooking magazine he had found.

"Well you were hardly providing any better suggestions." Nik criticized. River dropped her head down to the crook of Elijah's neck as the headache which seemed to come with each of the Mikaelsons' arguments resurfaced.

"I didn't think that I needed to." Kol debated, "It seemed clear to me that this was possibly the worst option for our temporary living space."

"Can you two stop fighting for 3 seconds?" Henrik snapped as he entered the space as well. 

"Don't say that like you are a ball of sunshine to be around." Rebekah corrected.

"Because you're such a fun person to be stuck with as well." Henrik challenged.

"It's times like these I wish I didn't have vampire blood in my system that night." River muttered.

"And now you lot have made our mate suicidal." Finn concluded.

"Don't-" Rebekah started before she was cut off.

"If anyone of you continues this argument we are going to have another discussion about our feelings." River threatened. When there were no more protests, Elijah pressed a reassuring kiss to the side of her forehead. In response, River gently nipped at Elijah's neck, her new sense of control allowing her to hold back her fangs.

Elijah understood the gesture quickly. He then proceeded to walk over to the extra fridge the Mikaelsons had installed before retrieving a blood bag. River dropped from Elijah's hold as she accepted the bag before walking over to the conjoined living room where all of the other siblings were glaring daggers at each other... not literally though, River had made sure the daggers and white oak ash were all in her possession a long time ago.

River then sat beside Finn, pulling the blanket which was over his legs over hers as well. In response, Finn wrapped his arm around her, encouraging her to lean against him. River then opened the blood bag before she began to drink. Her fangs came through instantly and rested uncomfortably in her mouth.

"Why are we still letting her only drink from blood bags?" Kol questioned.

"Because she has all of us on a leash." Rebekah answered, still annoyed.

"What did I say about arguing?" River asked.

"It's not an argument if we are all in agreement." Elijah corrected.

"We didn't even make a dog joke for Nikky at the leash comment." Kol added.

"Loophole." Nik explained causing River to roll her eyes.

"That's just an excuse for you guys to plan a future argument." River analysed.

"Pretty much." Finn accepted.

-----

"Considering that you were in a fatal car accident two weeks ago why aren't you terrified of driving?" Henrik questioned as he sat in the passenger seat of his own car.