Who?

"So what does this flower mean?" Finn questioned as he traced the tattoo on River's forearm. 

"It happens to be the type of flower which shares a name with my sister." River explained as she watched Finn's fingers softly move over the tattoo.

"A delilah." Finn pieced together. River hummed in confirmation before she continued.

"It's a type of dahlia." River added.

"You have a tattoo for each of your family members." Finn observed as he propped his chin up on her chest to meet her eyes as he recalled the two birds on her upper arm which she had gotten for her parents

"I do." River confirmed as she shifted her gaze from her arm to Finn who had been laying on her chest for the past hour whilst River explained the meaning behind each of her tattoos. "I even have one for Harley." She stated as she lifted her wrist to show off the small pair of dog ears which resembled Harley's tattooed beneath her hand.

Finn let out an intrigued hum before he began to trace the mark, his eyes trailing over it curiously. "What does this one mean?" Finn questioned after moment as he found a new tattoo he hadn't asked her about yet.

"It's a frog playing a ukulele." River said simply.

"But what does it mean?" Finn persisted, knowing that all of her previous tattoos had had deeper meaning than what they initially appeared as.

"That's it's a frog playing a ukulele." River repeated, knowing that it was the first tattoo she had given herself and that it didn't have a particularly meaningful story behind it. "If you want a better meaning you can pretend the ukulele symbolises my love for music or something." River uttered.

"And the frog?" Finn challenged, interested by the way River was improvising the meaning behind the tattoo.

That I'm a bisexual female?

"Since it's a cartoon frog it represents the movie 'The Princess and the Frog' which is the first movie I saw with Delilah in cinema." River answered, proud of the way she had made up a meaning for that tattoo.

or it just represents Prince Naveen...

the man is gorgeous.

"Impressive." Finn praised.

"And now we have the infamous stripe that I got when I was drunk at the ripe age of 15." River started after a moment, lifting the side of her shirt to show off the tattoos running along her side.

"There's nothing there." Finn said after a moment of scanning the bare skin on her side.

"What do you mean?" River questioned, "There are a bunch of letters."

"Those are soulmarks." Finn pieced together quickly.

"Come again." River requested as she tried to understand the term 'soulmarks '.

"They should have appeared to you when you reached the age that youngest of us was when we were turned." Finn started. "Meaning it would have appeared when you were around sixteen since that was the age Rebekah was when she was turned. Soulmarks are basically just the way of marking you as ours." He explained awkwardly, "They will only be visible to others once the bond is completed but until then they are only visible to you."

phew...

I didn't think I was ever more than tipsy at fifteen let alone drunk enough to invest in a fake ID and get a bunch of tattoos that I've never showed anyone but somehow I've believed that story for three years so...

(A/N: I know Henrik was actually like thirteen when he died but him being fifteen when he died fits this part of the story better.)

"Firstly, they appeared when I was fifteen not sixteen." River corrected. "Secondly, why was this not in Elijah's explanation?"