Undaggered and Swaggered

"I need your help." Elena stated once River answered the phone.

"Is this another self-sacrifice attempt?" River questioned skeptically.

"How quickly can you get to the Lockwood mansion?" Elena asked ignoring River's question.

"Depends." River started, "How urgent is it?"

"Quite." Elena said as she diverted her eyes uncomfortably from the man in her passenger seat.

"So is that a yes or no on me stopping for coffee?" River asked as she checked in the mirror if the outfit she was currently wearing was socially acceptable.

"River." Elena warned.

"I'm serious." River said, "I have had no caffeine today so I have practically no personality right now." Elena then turned to Elijah for guidance, not entirely sure of how urgent it was for River to get to the Lockwood mansion seeing as they weren't even there yet.

"Make it quick." Elena stated once she translated Elijah's short nod.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes." River uttered as she began tightening the laces of the shoes she had just put on.

"Don't be late." Elena warned before hanging up and handing her phone to Elijah who was holding out his hand expectantly, "Why are you bringing River into this?"

"The requirement for me to answer your questions honestly has expired, Elena." Elijah stated, "Don't test my patience."

-----

"Elena" River called out as she passed the front door of the Lockwood mansion which had been left open.

"Right here." Elena responded as she walked into view. "River here's the thing-"

"Nah-uh." River said, cutting off her sip of coffee, "Elena you know I love you so much and you are my best friend but I'm recharging my personality right now. I am here without being late so we can talk once I am recharged and my brain can actually comprehend what you are saying."

"River." Elijah acknowledged as he walked down the stairs.

I- uh- oh... WHAT THE FUCK?

"Elijah." River greeted, her mind still trying to catch up with all of the information she had just received. "You're looking less dead than you were-" River started before cutting herself off. "Wait when did you guys dagger him?" River whisper-shouted to Elena before recalling that Elijah could hear her and deciding it was best to guess. "Let's go with a few days ago."

"Thank you." Elijah stated, not entirely sure whether her comment was a compliment or not. "Shall we?" He said, gesturing room next to them. 

Yes zaddy.

River then followed Elena into the room Elijah had gestured to. Once River was in front of him, Elijah came up behind her, his hand hovering over the small of her back as he guided her to the couch in the room. 

"So I assume the Martin witches are no longer with us." Elijah began as he and River sat down next to each other on the couch, Elena on the seat next to them.

"I'm sorry." Elena apologized.

"And Katerina." Elijah continued, "She would have been released of my compulsion when I died."

*insert nervous laughter*

about that-

"Klaus took her." Elena explained, "We think that she may be dead."

SINCE WHEN?

"I doubt that." Elijah said, "Not Klaus' style. Death would be too easy for her after what she did."