A Bad Feeling

"Oh my God." Elena muttered as she entered River's house.

"Please, Elena," River's dad, who had just opened the front door for her, deadpanned, "Do come in."

"Where's River?" Elena asked frantically.

"Probably upstairs." River's dad offered as he closed the door.

"I'm right here." River introduced as she left the kitchen to see Elena. "What's wrong?"

"I told them." Elena admitted.

"Who?" River and her dad asked at the same time.

"The Salvatores." Elena stated.

"Who?" River's dad repeated.

"Damon and Stefan." River explained as it dawned on her that Elena had explained the concept of soulmates to Damon and Stefan.

"Damon?" River's dad clarified, "Is that the guy who I randomly find making pancakes in our kitchen and drinking all of my booze?"

"Yes, dad. Keep up." River urged.

"What did you tell him?" He asked.

"Well that is a story for another time." River dismissed before grabbing Elena's wrist and leading her towards her bedroom.

"I am so glad I'm not a teenage girl." River's dad muttered to himself once he heard River's door close.

-----

"So once I explained your soulmark thing with the Mikaelsons they pieced it together pretty quickly." Elena ranted. "I mean it's sort of hard to not care about a tattoo that has just appeared on you body."

I feel targeted.

"Then what happened?" River persisted before eating another spoonful of the ice-cream she and Elena were sharing.

"They sort of just got really pissed and started glaring at each other." Elena deadpanned as she stabbed her spoon into the ice-cream.

"They'll come round." River comforted as she pulled Elena into a hug with her free hand. "You're hot. Too hot for them to not give it a shot." River added after a short time of silence.

"Okay you just ruined a perfectly wholesome moment." Elena reprimanded playfully before pulling away from River.

"It's what I'm best at."

-----

"So this is the girl Rebekah has been plotting the murder of." Kol pieced together.

"Jeez." Elena uttered as she visibly flinched at the sound of Kol's voice.

"Where was the jump-scare warning?" River muttered as she got up off of her bed and walked over to her window which Kol had just entered through.

"Wait." Elena started after a moment, "What did he just say?"

"Nothing true." River lied.

"Quite the contrary," Kol began, not understanding River's glare, "Just this morning Bekah was-"

"Okay." River blurted out. "That's enough." She warned, looking between Kol and a now petrified Elena.

As Kol then went to continue speaking, River cut him off by kissing him. Kol quickly welcomed the gesture, his arm wrapping around her body to prevent her from pulling away any time soon. When Kol then continued to deepen their kiss, Elena cleared her throat, trying to remind the couple that they weren't alone.

She'd understand... right?

When Kol and River didn't acknowledge Elena's gesture, Elena persisted by clearing her throat even louder. 

"Silence, Tatia." Kol hushed as he pulled away momentarily before kissing River again.

"Kol." River warned but it was muffled against his lips.

"Oh good God." Elena mumbled to herself, awkwardly scratching the side of her head as Kol reached down to remove River's hand which was beginning to push him away. Before Kol could go any further, he heard his third favourite resident of the Williams' household enter the room.

"Harley." Kol greeted as he pulled away from River to kneel in front of her, instantly embracing the dog who had come up to him. River then turned awkwardly to Elena who was just looking at her blankly after having just watched her best friend practically dry-hump a man in front of her.

"Well that was one way for you two to meet." River mumbled.

-----

"I have a bad feeling." River admitted nervously.

"Well that wasn't quite what I thought you were thinking about." Elijah uttered as he raised his head from River's bare chest.

"I'm sorry." River blurted out before Elijah pressed a few more kisses to her skin.

"Don't be sorry." Elijah started. "Tell me what's on you mind." He persisted as he rested his jaw on her chest so that he could look up at her. 

"I don't know." River mumbled as she nervously toyed with his hair, "Don't you ever just get that impending feeling that your entire life is going to fall apart."

"No." Elijah deadpanned, "No I do not."

"Well it's not that extreme." River corrected. "It's just my undiagnosed inner psychic PMS-ing."

"Something is telling me that's not true." Elijah critiqued.

"But that's what it feels like." River whined.

"Seems like you need a distraction." Elijah flirted before kissing the skin on her chest again.

----

"This is not at all what I thought you were referring to." River muttered under her breath.

"You're not focussing." Elijah warned.

"It's sort if hard to focus right now." River mocked, shifting in her seat but regretting it quickly as Elijah held her hips in place single handily.

"Your lewd thoughts terrify me." Elijah lied.

"Puh-lease," River deadpanned. "Is that why you won't let me move my ass?" River questioned sarcastically brushing her hair away from one side of her neck so that she could turn to meet the eyes of Elijah who was behind her... a direct result of the fact she was sitting on his lap. Elijah rolled his eyes, knowing that she was right whether he liked it or not.

"Try it again." Elijah instructed, ignoring the smug smirk which overtook River's expression.

"Yes Sir." River mimicked causing Elijah's hold on her hip to tighten which didn't go unnoticed by River.

Kinky.

Deciding to keep her thoughts as clean as possible, River then raised her hands to the piano in front of her before playing part of the piece Elijah was teaching her.

"Good girl." Elijah praised, pressing a gentle kiss to River's bare shoulder. Elijah then lifted his hands before playing the next part of the piece. As Elijah effortlessly played possibly the most difficult part of the piece of music, River's attention shifted as she noticed how visible the veins along his hands were.

his hands should not be as attractive as they are to me considering one paper cut would cause him to bleed out if he wasn't a vampire.

"You're not paying attention." Elijah scolded, pausing his performance.

"If you weren't so hot I'd compare you to my old piano teacher who made me walk to the nearest pharmacy from her house and pick up her hemorrhoid cream when I was 8 because she lost her license for a DUI." River explained. "She was one scary old lady."

"I'm going to chose not to be offended by that." Elijah muttered.

"It's fine." River reassured, mindlessly tracing the veins down his hands as lightly as she could. "Like I said, you're way too hot to be compared to her."