16

Tw- talk of drugs

Anna's Pov
I snuck into the office at night when everyone was asleep. Which is also the first time where Mr. Anderson went out.

I went through drawers with surgical gloves so I didn't have any prints on anything. I looked towards the clock and tried opening the door which was found locked.

"Fuck." I mumbled calling Garrett.

"What's up Garret here at your finest service." His stupid pick up.

"If you could hide guns... drugs.. money? Where'd you hide it?" I mumbled looking brought the clock that had a hidden box on the side of it.

"I don't know... try looking at the back of your brain." He joked as I sneered at him.

A joke about my trauma and the addiction I use to have and he always made small jokes cause I made a mistake. Overdosing on Heroin when I cracked the case of my ex girlfriend who died to a serial killer.

"Shut up. Now help me out here." I said as I finally go it open.

It was key to which the door to unlock. Unless this guy is a psychopath and made it a little treasure hunt. I opened the door and it creaked loudly making me groan. I looked around to see if anyone heard. I opened the door and and snuck in quietly.  I shut the door behind me as I searched only to find it not with crates of money or guns.

"We'll have to get the search dogs to sneak out the drugs if there are any." I said as I searched through the files on the computer and pulling a flashdrive out.

It was on certain people such as family, London, and different people. Including  Rebecca.

"This file states he's been in contact with Rebecca recently" I said.

"Also an escape route to a place in the county prison maxuim security for Robert Kendall." I heard Garrett immediately typing away to his computer.

"Who on godly earths wants to be in contact with David Kendall." I mumbled finding it to be a gruesome killer around that was attached to one of my case.

"Ah here. drugs seem to be attached to this case afterall. He's sending a case to someone full of money too. I'm expecting to be a gang runner delivering and getting his payment on Avenue street downtown by the bar." I said downloading every file.

Once it was downloaded I snuck out quietly hoping no one saw me. I went to the kitchen with the flash drive in my right pocket.

"You, why are you up." I heard seeing Mr. Anderson.

"Sorry sir, I'm just getting me a coffee. Your daughter isn't sleeping till she finishes her book." I said covering up the nervousness I had in me.

"I see. because just now she was asleep." He said tapping his foot.

"Guess she finished her book. Thank you, sir. I'll be out of your way for now." I said walking away with the cup of useless coffee.

"Imagine almost getting caught." I heard garrett in my ear as I rolled my eyes forgetting I didnt hang the phone up.

"Shut up. Im off the phone now and I'll get the flashdrive over to the precinct first thing in the morning." I said ending the call and walking into London's room.

He was right. She was asleep, but I woke her up as she rubbed her eyes.

"Where have you been? I thought you were already asleep at your quarters." She asked as she was getting up.

She hugged me as I looked at her. She looked extremely tired as I smiled. I put her back to bed before getting the flashdrive only to find it gone.

"fuck." I mumbled tracing over my footsteps.

"Looking for this?" I heard London say as she giggled.

"I need that back. ITs from the agency." I said.

"Only if you give me cuddles? I'm... cuddle thirsty." she whined half asleep and barely thinking at all.

"Cuddle thirsty? Is that what they call it now?" I asked and she shrugged.

I walked over to her to get the flashdrive back but hse shook her head no and giggled.

"Nope! I'm not giving it back till you go change." She said and i groaned.

I stripped my clothings down to my boxers and sports bra. I grabbed hte swetahshirt off the couch and got in the bed.

"Here you go." She said giving e back the flashdrive.

I put it in the drawer and my phone on the charger before feeling her cuddle up to my side. Toby was on her side and Pluto at my feet.

~~~~~~

"So what did you find on the flash." I asked walking in.

"Oh seem very dressed up as a bodyguard." Garrett giggled.

"You gonna get all the ladies now." He laughed at me which he resulted into me giving a full slap across the face.

"And a harsh strong one." He muttered.

"Turns out that Rebecca was only discussing the matter with London on meeting her. Which is a month from now. And the gang runner you had. We caught him on the street." He said.

"SHUMATE!" I heard seeing the chief.

I walked into his office as he told me to sit down.

"You have to tread carefully. Mr. Anderson is a dangerous guy. His daughter could be on this." He said.

"with all due of respect... London couldn't be on this. She's innocent." I said.

"And with what proof." He said and I was with no proof at all.

"Exactly. I just want you to be careful. One mistake can get you killed." He said and I nodded.

"Yes sir." I mumbled walking out.

London couldn't possibly be on this. She too innocent and if she is... shes pretty damn good with a pretty face.