I

𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲, 9𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐚𝐲 1986,
𝐋𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐇𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚,
7.30𝐚𝐦,

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧:

"Jonathan, are you up yet?" Will asked, rhythmically knocking on his door. No respond. Will opened the door only to roll his eyes.

"Jonathan. It's 7.30. Why are getting high are 7.30am?" Will asked, rather aggressively. His face was the perfect embodiment of 😐. "Come on, get up. You have to help me and mom pack the last of our things."

Drowsily, Jonathan stumbled to the bathroom, cigarette in mouth.

Jonathan's POV:

I walked to the sink, half asleep, half..high.
I looked up to see my reflection in the mirror. My eye bags have gotten worse, my hair was greasy and my lips were chapped. I took the cigarette out of my mouth put it out on mom's ash tray. I wonder what mom would do if she found out..? She would be so..disappointed in me. She'd hate me..She'd never look at me the same way again-

"Jonathan, sweetie? Are you in there? Come on out, honey, we need help packing," Joyce yelled outside the bathroom.

Shit, I forgot to lock the door. I quickly hid the cigarette stub in the jacket pocket.

"Oh, hey mom. Just washing my hands, I'll be out in a second." I said forcing a smile on my face.

"Are you okay..? You're acting kind of.. strange? You've been really off for a while now.. " Joyce asked worriedly.

An uncomfortable silent air filled the room.

"Is there something in your pocket???" She asked.

"Uhh..uhm-"

"Mom! Jonathan!! I need help, come on!" Will yelled from the living.

"Oh, coming, honey!!" Joyce yelled to Will before turning to Jonathan, "Come on, let's go." She smiled and skipped off.

I smiled. Seeing mom so happy was one of the best things ever. I haven't seen her this happy since Bob.. I'm glad she and Hopper are dating, I think they both really need each other. Throwing the stub in the bin, I smiled and walked into living to help.

𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲, 9𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐚𝐲 1986,
𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬, 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚,
1.30𝐩𝐦

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧:

Mike, Dustin, Eddie and the rest of the Hellfire club (except Lucas) we're having the rest of their lunch after Eddie's dramatic 'walking on the table' scene.

* Ring *

"Ugh.. I don't want to do Maths." Dustin said mopping.

"Well, at least I'm there too! Did you forget?" Mike questioned.

"I didn't forget but I also didn't forget that you're hopeless at Maths. If only Will was here," Dustin sighed.

That sentence made Mike feel uneasy. Since spring break, they had been kind of off and then they had another disagreement and Mike said something ...bad, again. He could never keep mouth shut, always saying things he didn't mean. He didn't really want to talk to or about Will right now.

Mike and Dustin waved goodbye to their friends and started making their way to their classroom. When suddenly, someone bumped into them. It was Troy. They had completely forgotten about that kid. Then again, who wouldn't? No surprise he was now on that stupid basketball team.