IX

Monday, 12th May 1986,
The Byers' House,
7.45am,

WILL'S POV:

I woke up to El opening my curtains, letting the light from the morning sun seep through.

"El? What're you doing?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"We have school, remember? It is Monday." She smiled, "I'm so excited to see Max again!"

God. I forgot we have to go that hellhole.

"Right, what time is it?" I asked.

"It is 7.30." She responded before skipping out of my room.

I quickly scrambled to feet, made my bed and ran to the bathroom. Why didn't anyone wake me earlier? Ugh, who am I kidding. Why didn't I get up earlier??

8.15am

It was 8.15 when I finished. I wore a wore a plain cream coloured shirt, a dark brown hoodie, worn out jeans and the canvas' Max let me borrow. I guessed El was going to invite her over again so I planned on returning them later. I grabbed my bag and went to the kitchen. Putting my bag down next to me, I turned to Jonathan and asked, "What's for breakfast?"

Mom had work early in the morning so she couldn't make us anything so Jonathan always handled breakfast and sometimes dinner.

"Pancakes, topped with strawberries." He smiled. He seemed really happy. Guess he was just excited to see Nancy again, good for him, "Of course, eggos and strawberries for El."

"Thank you!" El smiled cheerfully as Jonathan handed her her plate. She was wearing a simple outfit. A plain white shirt, slightly unsaturated dungarees and canvas' as well. I guess she also borrowed some from Max. For some reason, she didn't like pancakes. I guess she thinks it's like a knockoff version of waffles?

"Here you go, bud." Jonathan said handing me my plate. I just smiled at him, too tired to talk right now.

"Everything okay, bud?" Jonathan asked.

I just nodded.

"Whatever you say." Jonathan smiled, ruffling my hair, "Think you might need a haircut. You're starting to look like me." He laughed.

"Done!" El smiled, wiping her lips.

Well, that was fast. I finished my breakfast and grabbed my bag. We had started heading out then I saw my bike. I haven't rode my bikes in months if not a year. It had cobwebs on it.

I guess Jonathan must've seen me staring at it.

"You gonna bike?" He asked.

"Nah. I'm tired, plus I think it's too small for me now." I said, opening the door to the car.

"Will!" I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see Dustin and Lucas.

"Oh, hey guys! What're you doing here?" I asked.

"Just came to ask if you wanted to bike to school like we used to!" Dustin said, getting off his bike and giving me a hug.

"Sorry, I don't if I can. My bikes too small for me now and it has cobwebs which would take forever to remove and I'm honestly just really tired right now. Sorry." I muttered looking down.