XII

Word Count:

Monday, 12th May 1986,
The Byers' House,
The Living Room,
2.55pm,

NANCY'S POV:

Jonathan and I were cuddling on the couch watching BeetleJuice when Will came in. He greeted me and took the leftover popcorn for him and the others but then I saw him leaving El's room without any.

"Will? I didn't see you take any, did you have any popcorn?" I asked.

"No, I'm not hungry." He replied and walked into his room.

Something about him has been really off. He looks tired and sad.

"Did something happen to Will?" I asked Jonathan.

"He had an argument with Mike. I'm not sure if anything else happened." Jonathan sighed.

"Oh, that makes sense. Mike seemed really upset about having the dinner on Sunday. I wonder if they're okay." I muttered.

"Me too but I don't want to bother them and think us meddling in would make it worse. Hopefully, they figure it out bt themselves." Jonathan smiled.

We turned back to the tv and continued out movie.

Tuesday, 13th May 1986,
The Wheelers' House, Mike's Bedroom,
7.55am,

MIKE'S POV:

'Maybe get him a gift?'

El's words echoed through my head. Maybe I should? But he doesn't even want to look at me, how I am supposed to give him a present? Well, I'll figure it out.

I went to my closet and grabbed some random jeans and a dark blue jean jacket and took my Hellfire shirt. I looked at it and hesitated to put it on. I don't want to make him even more upset with me than he already is, eventhough he doesn't even care.

Hawkins High School,
8.25am,

EL'S POV:

Will, Max and I were walking to English when we were confronted by two boys. They looked familiar but I couldn't remember where I knew them from.

"Oh my god. There's no way." One of them said looking at Will.

"Isn't that Will?" The other smirked.

"Like, zombie boy Will!?" The first one said.

Oh, I know who they are. There are the ones that were going to hurt Dustin and Mike. It was Troy and James.

"What's up, fairy? I thought you were gone for good?" Troy laughed.

"Dude, fuck off." Max said.

Will tried to walk away but James pushed him.

"What's wrong, fairy? Aren't you happy to se us again?" Troy smirked pushing Will into one of the lockers.

"Dude, stop!" Max yelled.

"What're you gonna do about it, red-head?" James scoffed.

I think Troy was about to push Will again when someone behind him smacked his head.