XV

Friday, 16th May 1986,
The Harringtons' House,
7.25pm,

STEVE'S POV:

I have my movie date or whatever it was in like 35 minutes and I have no idea what to wear. I've always known how to dress whenever I go on dates with girls, but I never liked any if them (except Nance) but this is with someone I'm actually interested in.

I scrambled through my closet trying to find something decent enough for me to wear but also casual enough Eddie doesn't make fun of me.

It was around 7.45 when I found something good enough to wear. It was a beige plaid shirt with a jean jacket over it and some classic jeans with canvas'.

I walked downstairs to grab a quick snack before making my way to Eddie's trailer.

"Where are you going so well dressed?" My father asked.

"Nowhere." I said blandly as I went into the kitchen.

"I asked where you were going." He said again.

I didn't look at him and continued searching for something to eat. I found some pancakes. I put them on a plate and was about to put them in the microwave.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you, boy." He yelled, grabbing my shoulders and turning me to face him. "Where are you going."

"A friends' house." I said brushing his hands off my shoulders.

"Who." He questioned.

"It's none of your business! I'm literally 19. I can take care of myself and it's like you care anyway." I yelled.

"Don't raise your voice at me, boy!" He yelled back, slapping me across the face.

I wanted to hit him back. God knows how much I hate this man. My mother was literally in the kitchen with me and didn't even care to do anything about his behaviour, as usual. I hate this house so much.

"I'm going to Nancy's house." I muttered as I placed my pancake into the microwave. Since he wasn't aware that we broke up like 2 years ago, it was the perfect excuse.

I waited 10 seconds before removing it from the microwave. Of course it was still cold but I couldn't stand being in this house any longer. I grabbed it and practically ran out of the house. I got in my car and drove away.

I got to Eddie's trailer at around 7.55 and wasted 7 minutes debating whether to go in or not. I eventually walked out and knocked on the door after waiting 2 minutes. So to Eddie, I actually got there at 8.04.

"You're late." Eddie laughed as he opened the door. "You look nice."

That sentence alone was enough to make my heart skip a beat.

"Y-You look incredible too." I said. Shit. I have never in my life stuttered on a date. This was not going well for me so far.

"Got the dvd?" Eddie asked.

"U-Uh, yeah!" I said reaching into my pocket.

I handed it to him and he directed me to his room. I sat down on his bed tapping my feet rhythmically.