VI

Saturday, 10th May 1986,
Will Byers' House,
9.10am,

MIKE'S POV:

"GOD KNOWS IF I'LL EVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN."

"W-What? No, you can't be serious. Will, look, I'm sorry, okay?" I pleaded.

But he just ignored me and walked into his room.
Might as well go home. Just as I turned around, I was met by Nancy.

"Oh, it's just you. What do you want?" I asked rather rudely.

"Mom said we're gonna have dinner with the Byers at home tomorrow so wear something nice."

Well, this couldn't get any better.

Will Byers' Bedroom

WILL'S POV:

God, what's up with him? I rubbed my wrist. He grabbed it so tight, it left a mark. What an ass. Why do I even like him?

"Is everything okay?" Max asked worried. They must've heard us yelling.

"Yup, I'm good. Your hair is nice." I smiled, moving away from the subject.

Max's hair was in two low braided pigtails. The way she used to wear it. It suited her.

"Thank you." She smiled.

I smiled back and sat back down.

"Oh, I see you guys helped with the last boxes while I was gone, thanks!" I said.

"Well, I gotta get home now, or my mom will nest my ass, see you at school." Lucas said, getting up, waving and leaving.

"I gotta go too, see ya!" Dustin smiled and left.

"Are you leaving too?" El whined, holding Max's hand.

"No, don't worry. I'll stay. My parents don't care anyway." Max laughed.

I was sitting on my bed, drawing and Max and El were talking on the floor when Jonatahn suddenly came in.

"I forgot to tell you. We're having dinner at the Wheeler's house tomorrow."  He said as he waved at Max and left.

Are you joking? This is seriously the worst possible time.

"Oh! I'm going to get an outfit ready, bye Will, bye Max!" El smiled, skipping cheerfully.

It's nice to see her so happy.

"So. What's going on between you and Mike?"

Oh, great. Just the topic I wanted to touch on.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying my best to sound oblivious.

Clearly it didn't work.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. You guys haven't talked unless it's necessary since you got here, and I just heard you guys yelling." Max scoffed. She was straight-faced and very serious. I probably couldn't joke my way out this.

I sighed, "We had a small disagreement."

"Small disagreement my ass. What happened."

"Well, when we where still in California together, he said some hurtful things." I said, looking down.

"What did he say?" She questioned, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I don't really remember how it happened, but–

Epic Flashback Moment

MIKE'S POV:

"Mike. Where are you going?" Will asked, running after him.

"Away from you." I said.

"W-What did I do?" Will asked confused.

"You've been moping over since I got here. What's your problem? If you don't want to talk to me just say so!" I yelled turning around to face Will.

"Well, that's just becaus–"

"Because what, Will!? You've been giving El dirty looks, what the hell is with that? She didn't do anything!" I continued shouting.

"I didn't mean to..It's just, you guys have been completely ignoring me. I just wanted to have with you guys but I guess you weren't thinking the same. All you've been doing is talking and flirting with El!" Will said, raising his voice slightly.

I could see tears forming in his eyes but didn't stop nevertheless. I knew Will didn't like arguing with me and he hated when someone yelled at him or when he had to yell at someone himself, so I lowered his voice.

"Well, she's my girlfriend, Will. What did you except? If you're feeling left out or something you should at least say something." I said.

"I did, but you we're sooo busy with El, you didn't even notice." Will added.

"Well, I want to spend time with my girlfriend too, Will. If you're jealous or something, why don't you just get your own girlfriend!?" I yelled, raising his voice once again.

"Are you serious? All I want to do hang out with my best friend, is that too mich to ask?" Will said, "You know what, let's just stop before we say something we'll regret–"

"Y'know, sometimes, I can't stand your face. You make my stomach turn, seriously."

Will was shaking. Like, noticeably shaking. He looked at me, "...What?"

He was crying.