XXII

Tuesday, 20th May 1986,
The Wheelers' House,
6.05am,

KAREN'S POV:

It was around 6 when I had started preparing breakfast. I can't believe Michael got in so much trouble yesterday. He's never been that aggressive or aggressive at all.

What would drive him to hurt someone like that?

I went upstairs and knocked on Nancy's door. She didn't answer so I assumed she was still asleep.

I opened the door and I was correct, she was still asleep. She used to have some trouble sleeping so I'm glad she's getting on fine nowadays.

"Nancy, dear, wake up." I said, sitting beside her. I brushed her hair out of her face and tapped her cheek gently.

"Mmnn?" She muttered, rubbing her eyes and sitting up.

"It's time to get up." I smiled, patting her head.

I headed for the door then stopped and turned around to say, "Don't forget to wake Mike up as well, please."

I left to go downstairs and continue preparing breakfast. About 15 minutes later, Nancy came down.

"Good morning, Mom." She smiled, sitting at the table.

"Morning, dear. Did you wake up Mike?" I asked, setting her plate of pancakes down for her.

"He wasn't in his room." She said taking a bite of her pancakes.

"Oh, that's odd. Maybe he woke up already." She shrugged. A few minutes passed and Mike was still not downstairs.

"Sorry, Nancy, could you please check his room again? Maybe he's still asleep." I asked.

"Okay." She replied.

Only a few moments later she came back with the same result. No Mike. At this point I was starting to get a little worried, but more confused than worried.

I went up to his room myself and knocked on his door. No reply. I opened the door and looked around and no Mike. I shut the door and left. I knocked on the bathroom door.

"Yes?" Ted replied.

"Have you seen Mike today?" I sighed.

"No." He said.

"Well, I can't find him. Do you know where he could've went?" I asked.

"No, now, will you leave me alone?" He said.

Why was I the only one that was worried..I went downstairs and grabbed the phone. If he wasn't here, there was only one other place he could be. I put in Joyce's house phone number and let it ring. She picked it up not long after.