XXIII

Tuesday, 20th May 1986,
01.25pm,

MIKE'S POV:

I was sat on Will's bed, with my head in his lap while he drew in his sketchbook. I don't know how we ended up in this position but, hey, I'm definitely not complaining.

I was slowly drifting back to sleep when I heard Will sigh. He had a been sighing for a bit now. At first, I just decided to ignore it but now it's staring to worry me.

"Will? What's wrong?" I asked, placing my hand on his cheek to get his attention.

"Oh! It's nothing, don't worry." He said, sighing again.

"Something is wrong. Tell me, Will, what is it?" I asked, stroking his cheek gently with my palm.

"It's just..do you think I was being dramatic in there? In the office? I think it's best I didn't say it now. Troy will target us even more from now on and it's all thanks to me." He sighed, throwing his head back to rest on the bed frame.

"No, Will. You definitely weren't being dramatic. Everything you said in there was the complete and utter truth. It doesn't matter if he targets us, if I tell my parents, they'll tell the principal and he and his parents will be in big trouble." I reassured him, sitting up. I took hold of his hand squeezed it gently. "I think it's best you said all of that anyway."

"How come?" He asked, squeezing my hand in return. The touch of his hand made an indescribable electricity race through my body. It felt as though I had actually been electrocuted.

"It felt nice, right? Finally being able to come out and say all that, right?" I questioned, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah..it was nice. Like a boulder was taking of my back." He laughed, closing his eyes.

I looked up at him. He was smiling his usual beautiful smile while closing his eyes. I don't understand how anyone can hate him. He's so amazing. It felt as if I had to fight with myself so that I wouldn't kiss him.

A few minutes passed and Will hadn't opened his eyes again. A normal person would've assumed he was asleep but for some reason, I assumed he was dead. With everything with the upside down, I became increasingly worried. I didn't want to lose him again. I gently rested my ear on his chest and listened for his heartbeat and sure enough, it was there.

I was about to get up but Will had trapped me in between his arms. Not wanting to wake his up, I simply laid my head back on his chest and shut my eyes. Not long after, I drifted into a slumber.

.
.
.

WILL'S POV:

I woke up to different voices whispering around me. I slowly opened my eyes and squinted, trying to adjust to the new light. I looked up to see Max, Dustin, Lucas and El standing infront of me.