XIII

MAX'S POV:

"Mike..I want us to break up.. "

Oh shit. I wasn't expecting her to say it so straight up.

"Oh." Mike said letting go of her hands. For someone who's girlfriend just broke up with him, he doesn't look very upset.

"I'm sorry, Mike.." She sighed. She looked like she was on the verge of tears. "Now, I feel bad.."

"No, no, no. It's okay, El! Don't cry, it's fine, really!" Mike reassured, rubbing her shoulder. "If I'm being honest, I was kind of second guessing pur relationship at lunch today. And for reason, you saying you're breaking up with me is kind of a relief to me, no offense."

"No offense taken. But also, there's something else I want to tell you.." She whispered.

"Oh, what is it?" Mike asked.

"Is it okay if I tell him?" El whispered to me. I smiled and nodded.

"I..kind of have feelings for Max." El muttered. Her face was red. She's so cute.

Mike just sat there in silence, processing it.

"Oh." He said. "OH! Is that why you guys are like, never apart from each other."

"Aren't you.. like, upset?" I asked.

"Well, yeah, I really liked El but I'm happy for you guys, too. I think it's a much better match up to be honest. We were kind of on and off and I couldn't even say I love you to her until she was in live threatening danger." Mike sighed. "I'm sorry about that, El."

"Oh. I thought you were like, supperrrr homophobic." I laughed.

"What!? Seriously??" Mike asked, confused. "Wait, so does that make you guys lesbians??"

"No, idiot. I'm bi and El is still trying to figure it out." Max scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, okay. WAIT. Does Lucas know about this??" Mike asked, worried.

"No, he doesn't." I said.

"Wait, seriously??" Mike asked.

"You're so stupid. Yes, he knows. Your the only one who didn't. I told Will first then Lucas and Dustin just kind of, figured it out." I laughed, moving closer to El. I kissed her cheek and rested my head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, so, I'm gonna go now." Mike said, getting up.

"Why? Is something wrong?" El asked.

" 'Cuz I'm not about to watch my ex make out with some red-head." Mike laughed.

"What do you mean some red-head??" I scoffed, "Just a reminder, this red-head stole your girl soo-"

Before I could finished my sentence he shut the door and left.

MIKE'S POV:

I shut the door, laughing. For some reason, I felt really relieved. Although I was hurt, they're really cute together. Like some of stress had just been taken off my back. I walked into the living room, practically skipping.

"What's got you in such a happy mood?" I heard Jonathan ask me from the kitchen.

"Nothing!" I smiled and walked out of the house. I got on my bike and rode home.