XXI

Monday, 19th May 1986,
Hawkins Highschool,
Period 1, 09.05am,

WILL'S POV:

We were in Chemistry. I was actually trying to concentrate but Mike kept making these stupid immature jokes about the teacher and making me laugh.

I guess, at some point, we laughed a little too loud because mAdAm Bradley (the weird chem teacher from chapter nine) started making her way towards us.

"Something funny, boys?" She asked.

Mike just burst into laughter because he had just made a joke about her saying those exact words to someone else a few minutes ago.

I covered my mouth and looked away to avoid laughing. I peeked up at her and her face was red with anger. She came closer to us whispered, "I asked if something was funny, boys?"

She placed her hand on Mike's back and begun rubbing it. He sat up almost immediately and scrunched up his face with disgust.

"Please, stop touching me.." He muttered.

"What?" She asked although he heard him very well. Her hand rested on his cheek now. Something about pissed me the hell off and without thinking I slapped her away.

"He said get off." I scoffed.

"Well, I didn't expect you to be such a troublemaker." She raised her eyebrows. "That's detention for you, young man."

Immediately, all the confidence I had prior, vanished. I've never gotten in trouble for anything in school before. I slumped back in my chair and watched Madam Bradley walk away.

I turned to see Dustin and Lucas staring at me, wide-eyed. I turned to Mike and his face was exactly the same as them.

"Wow. I don't think I've ever seen you get that angry before." Dustin whisper-yelled.

"C'mon, Will gets angry easily, he just doesn't act in it. But, seriously, wow." Lucas said.

"Thanks, Will." Mike smiled, tapping my shoulder.

My heart fluttered and my ears went warm.

"For what?" I asked.

"For getting her away from. She makes me so uncomfortable." Mike sighed.

"I think you should tell the principal. It's really weird how she's touches students like that and gets away with it." I scoffed.

"Others have reported it but he didn't do anything about it, unfortunately." Lucas shrugged.

"I think he only cares about the rich students." Dustin pouted.

"Oh?" I said, turning to Mike.

"Okay, okay. I'll tell him. Don't be surprised if he still doesn't do anything about it though." Mike laughed.

.
.
.

Period 2 Maths, 10.15am,

MAX'S POV:

I was sitting with my head down on the desk. Maths is so fucking boring. What's worse is that El is actually interested in it so she won't let me distract her. Dustin was being stupid and blowing raspberries at the teacher when he wasn't looking and Lucas was also focused on the actual work.