XI

01.10pm,
Hawkins Lunch Hall,

MIKE'S POV:

"OUR D&D CLUB."

Shit. I was going to tell him. I would've told him but he probably wouldn't listen to me. So I'm not to blame..right? It's just a game, he shouldn't be mad.

"Your D-D&D club?" Will asked.

I looked up to see and we made eye contact. He was looking right at me, sad. Fuck, there was no way to explain it. Why am I such a shitty person? I ignored him on birthday then joined a club about a game a refused to play with him.

"Would you like to join?" Eddie asked.

"Uh- No, I'm okay." He muttered, breaking eye contact with me. "Thanks for the offer though."

"If you say so." Eddie sighed.

"But isn't D&D like your favourite thing ever??" Dustin asked.

"Was." He said, looking down.

"BOO!" Someone yelled, tapping my shoulder. It was El, with Max right behind her.

I just smiled at her and looked back at Will

"Something wrong??" Max asked, tapping infront of me to get my attention.

"I thought you didn't care about me." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Don't give me attitude, mister and as annoying ad you are, you're still my friend and I still care." Max said.

"Uh- it's kind of too much to explain right now. I'll tell you later." I sighed. I looked back to Will, he still looked hurt.

Max must've seen me looking at Will.

"Something to do with Will?" She asked.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Max, you are still coming over today, right?" El asked.

"Yup!" Max smiled. "Why don't you come over too? We can talk there, in El's room or something."

"You really think that's the best thing to do? I just said the problem was between me and Will and you want me to come to go his house??" I sighed.

"Just say you're there for El or something." Max scoffed.

"Okay, okay." I said.

"Who are all these people, Mike? And why are all of you wearing the same shirt?" El asked.

"Oh, that's their dumb D&D club." Max said rolling her eyes.

"D&D isn't dumb, it's fun!" Both Eddie and Will said simultaneously.

.
.
.

"So you do like D&D, afterall?" Eddie smirked, looking at Will.

"Well, yes. But I don't play anymore." Will replied.

"Why don't you play with us? Just once." Eddie offered, "We play Friday's at Mike's house. In his basement."

Shit.

Will looked at me again but not with anger. He looked kind of...confused?

Fuck, I need to apologise. But Jonathan told me to not rush it so I guess I'll take it slow.

"Uh- maybe, idk." Will shrugged.