III

Saturday, 9th May 1986,
Hawkins, Indiana,
8.35am,

Third Person:

El dragged Mike into her room. She plopped down next to a box and started rummaging through it. She grabbed something that looked like a mini box.

"Look! It is called a diorama! It is a diorama of Dad's cabin!" She exclaimed cheerfully.

"Wow, El! That's so cool. What's that?" Mike asked pointing to the mismatched colours.

"Oh..One of Angela's friends stepped on it, so I had to fix it with some other cardboard. Unfortunately, it wasn't the same colour.." She said, looking down.

"Hey, it's okay! It still looks great!" Mike said smiling at El. He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her forehead lightly.

8.40am,
Will's Bedroom,

Dustin had gone to Lucas' house and told him that Will was back and they rushed back on their bikes.

"Where are they?" Lucas asked, jittery.

"They're inside, come one, come on!" Dustin said, throwing his bike to the floor and rushing inside. Same did Lucas.

"Will!" They said simultaneously as they barged into his room.

"We've missed you so much!" Dustin said as the three of them came into one big hug.

"Haha! Hey, you guys! I've missed you too! How have you been?" Will laughed.

"I've been good but is Maths is terrible without you-" Dustin said.

"-And Mike isn't of much help." Lucas added, finishing Dustin's sentence.

"Speaking of Mike, where is he? I thought he'd more excited to see his best friend?" Lucas asked, confused.

Will's expression changed, "He's with El."

"What's wrong man?" Dustin asked.

"Nothing, I'm alright!" Will said, forcing a smile on his face.

"If you say so..well, I'm gonna say hello to El then bring Max over, see ya!"

"Hey, um, are you sure there's nothing wrong?" Lucas asked placing his hand on Will's shoulder.

"Well, I could be better..but I don't really wanna talk about right now." Will replied.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me. Need help with the boxes?" Lucas offered.

"Yeah, thanks." Will responded, smiling.

8.47am

WILL'S POV:

"Will!" Someone said, barging into room.

Wait, I recognise that voice.

"Max?"

"Will! I'm so happy you're back!" She exclaimed, embracing me into warm hug, "I've missed you so much. Hawkins is miserable without you and El."

"Wow. I'm right here, you know." Lucas laughed.

"I've missed you too." Will added.

MIKE'S POV:

El and I sat on her bedroom floor talking and unpacking boxes. She folded her clothes and I put them away.

"I never knew you had so money clothes!" I said, laughing.

"Haha, I did not know either!" El replied, also laughing.

"What's that sound?" El asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I can hear laughter that isn't ours."

We got up and went to the direction of the sound.
It was coming from Will's room.

I opened to door to find Lucas, Dustin, Max and Will laughing helping Will put his stuff away.

"Max!" El exclaimed running into the room and hugging Max. "I missed you a lot."

"Believe me, I missed you too." Max smiled.

"Hi, Lucas!" El said, greeting Lucas with a hug as well.

I looked at Will, who once again, refused to look at me.

"I thought you said you didn't need any help." I asked, fully aware he just didn't want my help.

"I changed my mind." He replied, coldly.

There was an obvious air of tension in the air.

"Uhm..Why don't we all play truth or dare?"