XVI

Wheeler Sibling Bonding Chapter💪😼

Saturday, 17th May 1986,
The Wheelers' House,
1.45pm,

MIKE'S POV:

I sat on my bed, legs crossed in deep thought. What the fuck did I just do?

Shit. Should I have just not given him the board. He probably doesn't want it. I even gave some corny ass letter too. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I wish I could reverse time, he's probably even more mad at me than he already was. I would be too if someone gave me a half-assed apology on paper.

I was thinking of going over to Will's house to apologise properly again when Nancy came in.

"Wanna go shopping with me?" She asked, smiling. I think we've been getting along a lot better recently. I think Jonathan left a very good impression on her.

"Depends. What are we shopping for?" I ask, turning to look at her.

"Anything really, I'm super bored." Nancy groaned. "Oh, yeah, how'd your gift apology thing go?"

I ended telling Nancy about everything that happened and how I planned on apologising. I told her he seemed more comfortable talking to me on paper which is why she suggested writing an apology instead of showing up at his house and saying it. She knows how much I can mess up on my words and say something I don't mean. We both have the same problem.

"I don't know. He hasn't done anything." I sighed.

"Well, if he hasn't returned it, that must mean he likes it, right?" Nancy smiled, trying to reassure me.

"It could also mean he doesn't care or he could've thrown it away. And the only reason he might like it, is because it's D&D." I sighed flopping backwards onto my bed. Nancy sat down beside me.

"Or, he might like it because it's from you." Nancy smiled, patting my head and moving the hair from my face so she could see my face.

"You really think so..?" I muttered.

"Yeah. You guys are really close. I think you could handle a little bump in your friendship every now and again." She smiled.

"Ha, ' friendship '." I muttered under my breath. Nancy must've heard me because she came me this questioning look.

"If I tell you, you'll make fun of me." I sighed, turning over and burying my face in the pillow that was beneath my head.

"C'mon." She laughed. "Is it really that bad?"

I just shrugged.

"If it helps, write in down and when you're ready to tell me and slip under my door, okay?" She said as I nodded. "Oh, are we going shopping or not?"

I nodded again. She can be a lot of fun to hang out with when she's not a dick.

I got up and went to my closet to get whatever I saw to form an outfit. I placed it on my bed and got a piece of paper I found in my drawer. I seem to just have these random pieces of paper lying around everywhere. Comes in handy.