XXVIII

WORD COUNT: 3083
HIGHEST WORD COUNT: 4556

Saturday, 24th May 1986,
The Wheelers' House,
09.25am,

THIRD PERSON:

Mike sat on his bed, thinking to himself. He had not gotten any sleep the night prior. Everyone went home after the incident with Will.

Mike sat in silence wishing he hadn't skipped Will. But he had one question which remained unanswered.

Why was he so upset?

He didn't really have any reason that Mike new of. Unless..no, he dismissed the thought.

Perhaps he just didn't want to kiss him? Mike thought to himself. Eventually, he gave up and flopped unto his bed.

"Urghhh.." He sighed into his pillow as he turned over, his words muffled.

"Mike!!!" The boy heard his sister call from outside his room.

Annoyed, he yelled a barely audible, "What!?"

"It's time for breakfast, dumbass." She yelled back. It seemed their relationship was back to how it was prior to their emotional chat.

Swearing under his breath, Mike rose to his feet, stumbling along the way as he hadn't slept for more than 15 hours.

He grabbed random clothes from his cupboard, placed it on his bed and exited his bedroom. He opened the door of the bathroom, entered and shut it behind him, a bit louder than he wanted to.

The bathroom was large and was clean, sparkling in fact.

A few minutes later, he walked out of the bathroom with his robe on. Got dressed in him bedrooms and made his way to the table. There were his parents and two sisters.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Ted sighed, rolling his eyes and taking a bite of his chicken breast.

Michael was already not too fond of his father but the little comments he always made about him and his behaviour just made everything that little bit lot worse. Besides, who has chicken for breakfast!?

Mike was already tired, pissed off and confused as it was and that comment just pissed him off even more. He walked to the table, grabbed his BOWL of cereal and stomped back up to his room.

"Ted! There was no need for that." The young boy heard his mother say before he slammed his door shut.

He carefully placed his food down his study table and climbed back into bed. He was so tired, he could barely keep his eyes open.

He slipped under his duvet and fell into a slumber.

05.35pm

It was around 05.35pm when he was woken up my his mother. She was sat beside him on his bed and was brushing through his hair with her fingers.

Mike sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked to his left, saw his mother beside him and almost immediately, turned around and lay back down.

"If you're here to scold me about my behaviour or whatever, I don't wanna hear it!" He mumbled, slamming his head into his pillow.