XIX

Monday, 19th May 1986,
The Wheelers' House,
7.30am,

NANCY'S POV:

I got up at around 7.30am which was unusually late for me. It must be because of the assignment I was given.When I got ready, it was around 8.00am.

I went downstairs to the kitchen to see Mike, eating cereal.

"Sleep well?" I asked as I ruffled his hair a bit, it was habit I took from Jonathan.

"Yup!" He smiled. A very bright smile. He most be really happy because of what happened on Saturday. "Did you? You're bit late." He laughed.

"Oh, yeah. I was finishing off an assignment. Nothing to worry about." I smiled, sitting down.

"Morning, dear." Mom said setting my plate of cereal down for me.

"Good morning." I replied.

Everyone seemed to be in a good mood. Everyone except from Dad of course. It seems no matter what you do, he never smiled.

We finished a few minutes later and I got to up get my car keys.

"C'mon, Mike." I said.

"Don't worry about me, Nance. I'll ride my bike today." He smiled.

I'm happy for him. I think if Will feels the same, they'll be very happy together. They're quite the match.

I waved goodbye to Mike, Mom and Holly then got into the car and drove off.

MIKE'S POV:

I grabbed my bike. There was no telling whether Will would be willing to bike even if we were friends again. I just hoped he would.

When I got to Will's house, Dustin, Lucas and Will were outside. Dustin was sat on the floor next to his bike, Lucas was leaning on a wall and so was his bike and Will was standing with..his bike?

"Hey guys." I said. It came out a lot more awkward than I intended it to.

"Jeez, what took you so long!?" Dustin asked, rolling his eyes jokingly.

"Morning, Mike." Will muttered, smiling.

He talked to me. That made my face go warm.

"You alright? Your face is red." Lucas pointed out, like it wasn't obvious enough.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Were you guys waiting for me?" I questioned.

"No, we were waiting for your mom to lay an egg." Dustin scoffed, rolling his eyes once again. "Let's gooo before were late!" He added.

I was just about to get back on my bike when someone tugged at the sleeve of my jacket. It was Will.

"Here." He muttered, looking down at his feet, his cheeks tinted pink. He handed me a package. It looked about the size of a 3A paper.