II

𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 10𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐚𝐲 1986,
𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞,
8.25𝐚𝐦,

𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐄'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

"𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋'𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊."

"W-What? No, he's not. I don't have time for your jokes, I'm going back to sleep." I said.

I was about to shut the door when Dustin grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of house.

"Get on your bike, Mike, I'm serious." Dustin said, straight-faced.

When we got there, I was stunned to see Will, El, Jonathan and Joyce moving boxes from their car into their house.

Before I could say anything, El turned around and smiled.

"Mike! I missed you!" She exclaimed running up to me and pulled me into hug.

"W-Wait, what's going on?! Why're you back?" I said, hugging her back.

"Mom says it is safe now since Henry is dead." El said excitedly.

"Who's Henry?" I asked.

"Vecna." Will said from the car, taking another box from the car, "El, can you come help please? We only have a few left."

He was..ignoring me? Well, not really since he just answered my question but he didn't even say hello. Whatever, it doesn't matter, I don't really want to talk to him either.

El let go of me to go help out, naturally, I followed to help as well.

𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

Hm, seems Mike doesn't want to talk to me either.

El grabbed a box but I'm guessing it was too heavy for her, because she almost dropped it but Mike got there in time to help her hold it up.

"Why don't you take another one and I'll put this one away instead." Mike said, smiling.

Sometimes, I can't stand those two. They act all lovey-dovey when it's not even necessary.

Whatever.

𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐄'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I took the box from El ams walked into their living room. This is really heavy. I placed the box down in an empty space.

"Oh, that one goes in Will's room." Jonathan said, "How have you been by the way? Last time we saw each other, it wasn't really under good circumstances."

"I'm okay. Could be better, I guess."

"Why? What happened? I saw you and Will didn't even greet each other. Did something happen between you two?"

Before I could say anything, Will emerged from the kitchen, "No. Nothing happened." He grabbed a box that had his name on it and walked into his room.

"Uhh, okay. Anyway, that box goes in Will's room, see? Jonathan said, pointing at the letters on the box which spelt out, ' W I L L '.

How didn't I notice that before? Guess I was too distracted.

I grabbed the box and went into Will's room. He was there unpacking his boxes. There was a photo of us in the box. He looked at it, sighed and placed it on his bed.

"Um. Will?"

He jerked and turned around. He was visibly unhappy when he saw my face.

That stung.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's fine." He said blandly. He obviously didn't want to talk to me.

"Uh- This is yours."

"Thanks." He said, taking it from me and placed it down next to him. It didn't seem all that heavy to him.

An awkward silence filled the room. Was he expecting me to say something? Should I say something?

"Do you, uh, want help?"

"No." He said, "I'm fine."

Silence again.

"Um, Will. Can we talk-"

"I'm busy."

He didn't even turn round to look at me at all.

"Will, plea-"

"Mike! There you are! Come, come there is something I want to show you!" El said, opening Will's door and grabbing my hand and pulling me away.

I turned back to look at Will, he still hadn't turned around. Before I didn't really want to talk to him but it seems..

I missed him more than I thought.