XVII

Saturday, 17th May 1986,
Starcourt Mall,
1.55pm,

DUSTIN'S POV:

I was with Lucas, Max, El and Will. We had just finished at the arcade and we went to the mall. We went around trying different slushies, dressing up and etc.

"We should do this tomorrow and next week and the week after that and the week after that!"  I said happily.

"I think we would get bored of it if we did it too often." Lucas sighed. "I wish Mike could've come with us too."

Upon hearing that sentence, Will seemed odd. Before, when Mike was mentioned, Will looked upset but now he just looked odd? I don't know what way to describe his expression. One would think someone who hasn't seen their friends in like a year would be more excited to see them but I guess not. I turn to look at Will, worried.

"What's wrong, Will?" Lucas asked before I could. "You seem rather odd."

It's like he's hearing my thoughts!

"Uh, yeah. Just got some things on my mind." Will muttered, it was barely audible.

Lucas and Max were walking ahead of us and talking, it seems they get along great, even just as friends. I saw El nugde him and whisper something to him.

"Hey!!! You guys aren't keeping secrets, are you??" I huffed, coming in between them.

"Nothing, really, she was just telling me something." Will said.

"Is it something you can't tell me too???" I pouted.

"No, it's just. I wanted to get Max something. Y'know to celebrate(?) us dating." El whispered.

"OHHHHHH!" I said, probably a little too loudly because El and Will told shushed me right after.

"Oh!" El gasped, "Isn't that Mike??"

MIKE'S POV:

I wandering around with Nancy. I was carrying a few bags which were mostly filled with dresses but some of the clothes were mine.

I saw Dustin running up to us.

"Hi Nancy!!" Dustin smiled, waving at her. She waved and smiled back. Dustin then turned to look at me and huffed, "So this is why you were ' too busy ' to come to the mall with us?? Because you were shopping with your sister!?"

Dustin pouted as he playfully punched me in the stomach.

"Sorry, sorry!" I laughed.

I looked at behind him to see Lucas, Max, El and..Will. As soon as he saw me, as usual, he looked away. I felt as if someone had plunged a knife into my heart. It stung. Nancy must've noticed that I looked a bit upset so she tried to cheer me up.

"Would you guys like to join us shopping?" Nancy questioned.

"Heck yeah!" Dustin smiled.

We wandered through the mall aimlessly for around 15 monutes before they walked into a clothing store.

"Haven't we been here before?" Max asked.