VII

Sunday, 11th May 1986,
The Wheelers' House,
6.25pm,

MIKE'S POV:

Why is this even happening. Couldn't we just greet them and go home?

They're gonna be here in like an hour and I have no idea what to wear. I have no idea what to wear. I guess I'm just worried about El will think.

"Mike?" Someone said, knocking on my door, it was Nancy, "Can I come in?"

"Sure." I sighed.

"You're not naked are you?" She said, using one hand to open the door and the other to cover her eyes with her hands.

"Why the hell would I let you in if I was naked?" I scoffed.

"Fair point– Mike! Why aren't you dressed!?" She whisper-shouted.

She was wearing a button up blouse, a baby blue pleated miniskirt and a light pink wool jacket.

"You look nice." I muttered.

"Thanks but why aren't you dressed yet??" She said, sitting on my bed.

"Because I dont know what to wear, and I don't find a good outfit before they get here, mom will probably make me wear a suit and tie or something." I sighed burying my face in my pillow.

"Okay, okay, I'll help you so get up." She said tapping my back.

I sat up and watched her go through my closet. She picked up something, it was a photo of me and Will.

"Ugh. Don't show me that." I scoffed burying my face back into my pillow.

"Why? Did something happen?" She asked, placing the photo on my desk and continued looking through my closet.

"I don't want to talk about it." I sighed.

" 'Kay, whatever you say." She said, not prying on the subject which I was grateful for, "Alright, get up. I found something you might like."

I looked to she what was she was offering for me to wear. It was a short sleeve button up blouse just like hers and a sleeveless dill green colour sweater and black jeans.

"Good enough, thanks, Nance." I smiled and she handed it to me.

"You're welcome." She said, smiling back before she left.

It seems we've been getting along pretty well recently.
The Byers' House,
7.00am,

WILL'S POV:

I fell asleep early on Friday so I was up pretty early and got ready before anyone else.

I woke Jonathan and mom up then woke up Max (who stayed over) and El.

I was sitting on my bed drawing when El came in.

"How do I look?" El smiled. She was wearing a light pink dress which had slightly poofy sleeves and a small matching bow. She had a pretty earrings and a necklace which she borrowed from mom. She had on white gloves which went slightly past her wrists and flat white shoes.

"Oh my. You look great, you look like you're going to a party." I laughed.

"Do you think Ma– Mike will like it?" She asked nervously tugging at her dress.