XXIV

WORD COUNT: 1817
HIGHEST WOED COUNT: 4556

[A/N]: = [AUTHOR NOTE]:

Wednesday, 21th May 1985,
The Byers' House,
5.30am,

MIKE'S POV:

I woke up and checked the time, it was 5.30am. Wow, the earliest I've ever woken up and by myself too. I guess it's because I slept so well last night. It's all thanks to Will. I turned to him and he was still fast asleep. I brushed his hair out of his face and I stared at him. He's so handsome. His hair looked nice when it was long and messy, certainly better than the normal bowl cut. But what can I say, he still looks good with a bowl cut. I ruffled his hair a bit and slid my thumb back and forth across his cheek.

I sat up and yawned. I felt a tug at my shirt and turned around to the see a half awake Will pulling my shirt. I guess he must've heard me yawning. I gently brushed his hand off me and stood up and stretched. I turned around to see Will flutter his eyes open.

"Good morning." I said, smiling.

"Morning." He said, in between a yawn. He stretched, stood up and walked to his closet. He brought another 'T H E C L A S H' shirt, a hoodie and grey blue jeans.

"I'll go get ready first." He said.

"At this time?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah? This is when I usually wake up." He laughed as he left the room.

I yawned once more and sat down on his bed. I was about go back to sleep when I noticed a small black book tucked away under his bed. I know it's not nice to poke your nose around in other peoples stuff but I couldn't help myself. I slide it out from under the bed and looked around to the door, making sure Will wasn't around. I opened it and could instantly tell it wasn't since sketchbook. It had a lot of writing in it.

It was some sort of journal. I was hesitant to look at it in case it was a diary or something but turns out it wasn't. It was just a book he wrote stories in. One was them was about a boy who was being bullied which and I assumed he was writing about him myself. There a few others but only one particularly stuck out to me. It was a love story about two girls. One was called Wilma and the other, Michelle.

It's pretty obvious what I thought about it. My face went red and my head filled with thoughts about Will and I. As soon as I snapped back to reality, I shook my head dismissed all the thoughts I had about Will and I. It was just a coincidence. Will doesn't like me that way. I repeated it to myself over and over. I heard the bedroom door and open and I swear to fucking God, I have never moved si fucking quickly in my life. I swiftly slide the book back under the bed and slide myself under the duvet and pretended to sleep.

"Mike, I know you're not asleep." He laughed, brushing my hair put of my face. "Your eyelashes are fluttering. Why are you even pretending?"