XVIII

Saturday, 17th May 1986,
Starcourt Mall,
2.15pm,

WILL'S POV:

We were sat on a bench outside the store, hugging. We were hugging for few minutes now and Mike wouldn't let go.

"Mike? You're squeezing me too hard.." I laughed.

"S-Sorry.." Mike muttered.

He let go of me and we sat in silence for a few moments so I decided to break the silence.

"It's alright, Mike." I said. He seems really genuine. He's never broke down when we had fought, not even cried.

"W-What do you mean?" Mike asked, sniffling.

"I forgive you." I said, smiling.

"W-W-What? Really!?" He asked, almost smiling.

"Yeah. I missed you to-" I smiled.

Before I could finish my sentence, he pulled me into another hug. I put my arms around his neck and he put his around waist.

"I'm really sorry, Will.." I heard Mike mutter.

"Yes, yes, I know!" I laughed.

He let go of me and rested his head on my shoulder which made my flutter but I tried my best to ignore it. We just sat there in silence. I looked down at Mike and he was sleeping. He looked even more beautiful that he already was. I felt my ears go warm. I was about to shut my eyes and go to sleep as well when someone interrupted.

"Aweeee! Well isn't that adorable!?" Dustin yelled, making stupid kissy faces.

"Hm...what?" Mike muttered as he got up.

"Oh, you were sleeping? Sorry!" Dustin said apologetically.

"Oh, have you guys finally made up?" Max smirked, coming out of the store.

"I see you guys didn't dress up as D&D characters, afterall." I said, trying to shift the question.

"Oh, yeah. There was no clothes in there that looked like ones D&D characters would wear." Lucas sighed.

"Well, that's no surprise.." Mike laughed placing his head back on my shoulder. "I think I'm gonna go home."

"H-Huh? Why?" Dustin asked.

"I'm pretty tired." Mike muttered getting up and stretching.

"Oh, okay." I whispered. I didn't want him to go. Not yet. Why can't he stay a little longer?

I looked up at Mike and he was red. Blushing? No, I must've gotten it wrong.

"Um, well, bye." I muttered, waving him goodbye.
He smiled and waved back.

MIKE'S POV:

I went into the store to find Nancy. When she saw me, she ran up to me to hopeful eyes.

"So? How'd it go?" Nancy asked smiling.

"Good. Would've been a lot better I didn't cry though.." I sighed.

"You cried?! HahahA!" She laughed at me. "Wanna head home now? There's not much we can do here anyway."

We left the store and waved goodbye to everyone then went back to the car.

"Did you tell how you felt about him?" Nancy asked. At the question, I felt my face go warm.

"N-No! We just became friends again, I'm not willing to throw all that away again!" I whisper-yelled.

"You remember what I told you, right?' She said. "Even if he didn't feel the same, the Byers aren't the type to judge people like that. Of course I'm not telling you to do it immediately, but you should do it soon."

I sighed and looked out of the window. I wonder how Will feels about me. I threw my bed back and rested it on the neck rest of the car and shut my eyes.

WILL'S POV:

It was around 2.55pm when I got home. Dustin and Lucas had went home and Max returned home with El and I.

"Did you have fun?" Jonathan asked.

"U-Uh, yeah.." I muttered walking into my room in a daze.

Well what happened at the mall was a mess. I'm glad it happened though. Mike and I can finally talk normally. I was happy but, I was also not happy. I don't want us to be friends.

I want us to be more.

I sighed and rested the back of my head on my bed and lay there for a few minutes. I shut my eyes.

"Sooooo!?" Max smiled barging into my room, disrupting my sleep.

"So what?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"You guys are friends now??" El questioned, excited.

"Yeah.." I muttered.

"What's wrong? Shouldn't you be happy?" El asked, "Or did he force you to do it!?" She gasped.

"No, no..its just, nevermind." I sighed.

"No, it's okay. We're here to listen." El smiled, sitting down next to me.

"I want to tell him I like him but we just became friends again but I'd us just remain friends than him hating me.." I whispered.

"What makes you think he'll hate you if you tell him?" Max asked.

"I-I don't know..I just feel like it." I said.

"I do not think Mike will hate you. You should have seen him, he was very upset when he was not able to talk to you." El said, smiling.

My face felt warm I was obviously blushing so I covered my face with my hands.

"Still. He might hate me after I tell him..I don't want to risk it." I said.

"Well, I still think it's worth it, Will. At least try." Max smiled.

"Okay, okay. But not so soon. We just became friends again." I sighed.

[AUTHOR NOTE]:

Sorry, I think this chapter was shorter than the others. I was feeling really unmotivated but I wanted to publish at least one more.

Hope you enjoyed reading!

Have a nice day/afternoon/night! <3

WORD COUNT: 928
HIGHEST WORD COUNT: 2933