XXVII

WORD COUNT: 977
HIGHEST WORD COUNT: 4556

Friday, 23rd May 1986,
The Byers' House,
06.00pm,

WILL'S POV:

"Uh- Can I skip this one?"

.
.
.

"..What?" Max asked.

"Can I skip?" Mike muttered.

Those three words were like bullets. I can't believe I actually thought he would be interested in me. I just sat there, speechless. I had to bite my gums to stop myself from crying right there.

A few moments later, I got up and excused myself.

.
.
.

THIRD PERSON:

Almost as soon Will left, the others turned to Mike.

"Dude. What the fuck?" Lucas asked, almost raising his voice.

"What?" Mike asked.

"We all know you like Will so why would you do something like that?" Max scoffed.

"Well, first of all, how did you know?" Miks questioned.

"It's so fucking obvious." Max said. "Anyway, explain!??"

"Uhm, well." He muttered, twiddling his fingers. "I'd rather kiss him because we both want to than force him to do it because of a stupid game if understand what I'm saying. I mean, yeah sure, I like him but I don't know if he likes me that way. I don't want to force him..it'll just make me even more of a shitty person than I already am."

.
.
.

"You're so fucking stupid." Max said, shaking her head. "He obviously lik-"

She stopped herself from saying whatever she was about to say and sighed.

"Just, just make sure he's okay, alright?" Max sighed.

"Sure, but why wouldn't he be?" Mike said, confused.

"I didn't know someone could actually be this stupid." Lucas sighed, throwing his head back to rest on the couch.

Mike stood up and walked into Will's room.

"I told you guys this was going to start something." Dustin sighed.

WILL'S POV:

I ran to my room and shut the door. I fell to my knees. My head was spinning, my face was red with embarrassment, my heart was beating so fast I thought it would beat out of my chest and I felt like I was going to throw up. So this is the feeling of rejection?