X

[AUHTOR NOTE]:

[I'm British and idk what time American schools start and end. Idk whether it's the same or not so I'm going to make it the same as my school day.]

[Explaining the school system, feel free to skip <3]

Period 1 - 08.50am - 09.50am
Period 2 - 09.50am - 10.50am

Break - 10.50am - 11.00am

Period 3 -11.00am - 12.00am
Period 4 - 12.00am - 01.00pm

Lunch - 01.00pm - 01.40pm

Period 5 - 01.40pm - 02.40pm

[After that, we'd have prep which is when you just like read or do homework in your form/homeroom(?) and the school day would end at 03.20pm. But I don't think that's included in American high schools so I won't include it.]

Enjoy Reading <3

Monday, 12th May 1986,
Hawkins High School,
10.25am,

MIKE'S POV:

I was in Maths with Lucas, Dustin, Max, El and Will. It was nice to have all of us in one class.

I couldn't stop thinking about Chemistry. Why'd I call Will cute? I mean, he's always been good looking, I know that but I never really acknowledged it. Things have been really weird with me lately. I've been really focused on Will. I guess that's normal when you can't comfortably talk to your best friend.

"Mike, you okay?" El asked. We were all sat near each other in Maths. It was Lucas, me, El, Will, Dustin then Max behind him (going from left to right). We kept getting lucky, being sat near each other.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"You haven't written anything down." She said worriedly.

"That's because he's hopeless at Maths. But that's why we have Will." Max said, smirking at me then turned to smile at Will.

"Actually, it's because I forgot my pen. I totally understand what's he's talking about!" I said, gesturing to the teacher.

"Is that really true, Michael? Because last week you answered 'iodine' to my question about sequences." The teacher, Mr. Miller, scoffed.

A wave of embarrassment washed over me but stopped when I heard a familiar laugh. One I hadn't heard in a while. It was Will. I just stared at my desk trying to cover the smile creeping up my face. The thought of making Will happier even if it was because I just got embarrassed by a teacher, it made me feel great. Really great.

I peeked up at him. His smile is so warm and bright, it would bring happiness to whoever was around him. Why? Why would I do something so shitty it that made that smile vanish. I want to see him smile again.

I want to him to smile at me, because of me.

Before I knew it, my cheeks flamed up. I could feel my face and ears getting hot. It's only May, I didn't expect it to get so hot all of a sudden.

I took off my jacket and hung it on the back of my chair. But the heat didn't stop. My face felt like it got even hotter. I looked back at Will who had stopped laughing but was still smiling. For some reason, my heart rate increased. I felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. It was so loud, I was surprised Lucas and El couldn't hear it.

Was I having a fucking heart attack or something??

"Mike?" I heard El call. "Is everything okay? Your face is red." She sounds worried.

"I don't know?" I muttered.

"Do you have a fever?" El questioned turning to fully face me and placing her right palm on my forehead. "Oh no! I think you do!"

"I don't have a fever, El. I think I just need some air." I whispered, brushing her hand off my forehead.

I raised my hand and asked to go to the bathroom which, to my surprise, I was granted permission to. I left the classroom and ran straight through the school doors. I know I would get in trouble if I didn't get back to class quickly, and even more trouble if I got caught skipping but detention wouldnt kill me plus, I needed to clear my head and figure out why I was feeling like this.

01.05pm,
Lunch

WILL'S POV:

When we got to the lunch hall, it was around 01.05. Dustin showed to me to the table they usually sit at and Lucas went to a different table, but came back a few seconds later.

"Where did you go?" I asked.

"Oh, I told my other my friends that a friend of mine had came back and sat I would probably be sitting with him from now on." He responded, pointing to a table full of basketball guys.

"You play basketball now?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah, it was kinda the only way for me to stop getting bullied." Lucas muttered.

"I mean, as long as they're nice to you and actually consider you their friend, it's fine, right?" I said, smiling.

"Will, Lucas, come on, sit down!" Dustin yelled.

I awkwardly sat down next to Dustin and asked him who the of the people on the table were.

"Our friends, of course!" Dustin said, "What, did you think we'd have no other friends?"

"Kind of." I laughed.

Just then, someone sat down at the end of the table. He had long, messy hair and was wearing a sleeveless jean jacket over a leather jacket and a shirt which said " Hellfire Club " on it. It was the same shirt Dustin, Mike and the rest of the people of the table wearing.

"Oh?? Who is this?" He asked, pointing at me.

"This is Will, our friend. He used to go to Hawkins middle school but he moved away and now he's back." Dustin said, moving his hand away from my face.

"Well, I'm Eddie Munson, the leader of Hellfire." He said, smiling.

"What's Hellfire?" I asked.

"Our D&D club."