XXIX

WORD COUNT: 1039
HIGHEST WORD COUNT: 4556

Sunday, 25th May 1986,
The Byers' House,
07.15am,

WILL'S POV:

I woke up relatively early for a Sunday so I decided to lay in bed for a few more hours and woke up later at around 10am.

I got up and made my bed, got some clothes out took a bath and got dressed. I was about to head out the front door when I realised I had zero plans for the day so I went back into my room. I took my sketchbook to draw something but nothing came to mind, except Mike of course.

I drew a few sketches of him from different angles. He really does have nice features. I sighed, closed my sketchbook and rested it on my lap.

I wish that I could have Mike to myself but thats not possible, he doesn't like boys and even if he did, why would he like me???

My chest tightened and I sighed, resting my head on the bed frame. A few minutes later, I sunk under duvet and slipped into a short nap which I was woken from pretty quickly from by Eleven a few minutes later.

She came barging into room excitedly and practically dragged me out of my bed and into the living room.

There, in the living room, was Dustin laying on the ground on his stomach, Lucas on the couch, Max beside him and Mike standing awkwardly at the front door. He waved at me shyly, smiling and I waved back and smiled back at him.

"Someone wanna explain what's going on??" I questioned, confused.

"You weren't really planning to spend the rest of your weekend in your room, were you?" Lucas asked. He tapped the space next to him, gesturing for me to sit beside him, which I did. Soon after, Mike followed and sat beside me and El was next to Eleven.

"We're watching a movie." Max said. "It's called Sweeney Todd or something."

"The Demon Barber?" I asked, remembering how Jonathan recommended it to me.

"Yeah, how'd you know? Have you watched it before?" Max asked, handing me the dvd Jonathan got.

"Nope, Jonathan recommended it to me like 2 weeks ago." I replied, getting up to put the dvd into the dvd player near the tv but I felt someone tug at my sweater sleeve. It was Mike.

"I'll do that for you." He smiled, taking the dvd from me. It felt like he held my hand for a bit longer than you need to take a dvd but it could've just been my mind playing tricks on me.

"Wow. What a gentleman." Lucas smiled, rolling his eyes jokingly.

My cheeks went slightly warmer and ears heated up. It was just a small kind action but it's making my heart beat like crazy. I sighed and rested my head on the headrest of the sofa.