319-322

Chapter 319: Face-Slapping – 3

Mia’s expression mellowed after she took the phone. She turned her body sideways and began to talk. “I thought we had a deal? You would bring your team over and we would share the information we have? Do you know how important this meeting is? You are the one who begged us to share information with you, so why did you send this girl to communicate with us? Are you humiliating me?”

All her feelings of resentment came pouring out. However, after Gu Yan said something to her, her attitude changed. “Don’t get me wrong. I value our friendship and I’m not angry with you. I just feel that the Physics Association is not taking me seriously... If you say so, I will continue the exchange meeting,” Mia said reluctantly.

After she hung up the call, she rolled her eyes at Fu Zhi and returned the phone to Yuan He.

“Ms. Mia, it’s pretty late now, so why don’t we go inside first?” Yuan He asked.

Lifting her chin, Mia let out a scoff. “You have to understand that it’s only because of Gu Yan that I’m agreeing to continue the meeting. However, your candidates are rude, so don’t you think you owe us an apology?”

“You’re a guest invited by the Physics Association, and it’s indeed our fault for talking back at you. How about this? I will have Fu Zhi apologize to you.”

By right, Yuan He shouldn’t let the contestants apologize no matter the level of the country or the contestants. However, Fu Zhi and Gu Yan were having a conflict, and she wanted to do something for Gu Yan.

Mia nodded, and her face lit up.

The secretary on the side saw this and lamented. “Gu Yan really has a large circle of acquaintances. Not only did she set up an exchange meeting with Ms. Mia, but she also easily soothed her with a few words.”

“You don’t say! The Ford Family is one of the most elite families in Country M, and without some real skills or background, it’s practically impossible to get to know them. Fu Zhi has made the wrong call this time. She thought she could replace Gu Yan, but reality just gave her a huge slap on the face. Not only has she made herself look like a laughing stock, but she has also disgraced our country!”

The two secretaries mumbled to each other. After Yuan He finished talking to Mia, she walked up to Fu Zhi and said, “You go apologize to Ms. Mia now, and we will let the matter slide. Then, we can proceed with the exchange meeting.”

Mia, who was standing aside, harrumphed coldly and said, “Our country has been the champion for ten years, and nobody has doubted us before. If it were not for Gu Yan, I would never have wasted my precious time on people like you guys.”

Yuan He nodded. Then, she turned to Fu Zhi and said, “What are you still waiting for? Go now. Don’t you want to show your face in the exchange meeting? Well, now is your chance, so you’d better make the most of it.”

The corner of Fu Zhi’s lips curled upward. She glanced at Yuan He and then Mia before she said apathetically, “What chance? The chance to apologize? Do you think she deserves it?”

“Fu Zhi!” Yuan He’s expression changed. “Do you have any idea what you are saying?!”

“You don’t get it? Then let me make it simple for you. The Physics Association has given you guys so much freedom that you have forgotten who you truly are.”

Fu Zhi raised her head, and her gaze was sharp. “Nothing about my education has taught me to apologize to people who insult my country!”

Anyone who was not their kin would certainly have a different mind. This was what Fu Zhao thought of her. Even though Fu Zhi was not a racist, she knew that she could not back off when the interests of her own country were in jeopardy.