423-426

Chapter 423: Ye San Go To Yu City, President Fu Gives Present To Ouyang Ya

Fu Zhi felt the same way as Liu Mi as well. She tugged at Lu Nanli’s sleeve, whose expression was sour, and asked, “What happened? You’ve gotten what you wanted, so why are you still not happy?”

“Think for yourself.”

Fu Zhi fell silent and thought hard for roughly 10 minutes. After Lu Yumo had finally calmed himself down outside of the haunted house, he psyched himself up and went into the haunted house again to rescue Fu Zhi, who he assumed to be held hostage by ghosts and monsters.

Liu Mi came out of the car to leave the space for Fu Zhi and Li Nanli.

Inside the car, Li Nanli did not plan to talk to Fu Zhi at all. He sat with his back up against the cushion while keeping his eyes on the passersby outside, the warm light from the headlight of the car and the streetlights had cast a halo of yellow light on them.

Suddenly, Fu Zhi seemed to have realized something and she said, “Is it because I joined the cheerleading team?”

“Hmm...” Li Nanli’s expression lightened a bit. “Not exactly.”

‘Not exactly? That means I’m half right?’

Fu Zhi felt that reading the mind of a man was like searching for a needle under a sea.

“Then?” She asked again.

Not far away, Wang Yu and his team finally came out of the haunted house through the roller coaster, their shouts ringing through the air.

Li Nanli pulled an umbrella from the side of the passenger seat. As he handed the umbrella to Fu Zhi, he pulled her into his embrace and rested his chin on her shoulder, his breath warm and wet against her ear.

The snow became heavier, and Fu Zhi could see through the window that her friends were doing headcount under the roof.

“If your brother and your boyfriend fall into the sea at the same time, who would you save first? Your brother, or your boyfriend?” Li Nanli’s voice wafted into Fu Zhi’s ear.

Fu Zhi was speechless.

‘Great, here comes the tricky question.’

Fu Zhi then replied with a question of her own, “Isn’t it supposed to be my boyfriend and my mother?”

“I’ll amend my question. If your brother, your mother, and I fall into the sea at the same time, who would you save first?”

Fu Zhi’s eyes were glowing as she replied, “In fact, according to the new law that the government has just introduced not long ago, I don’t have the obligation to save you, but I’m breaking the law if I don’t save my mother!”

“That means you don’t love me enough,” Li Nanli said expressionlessly, “You’re not willing to break the law for me.”

Fu Zhi became speechless again.

‘Should I break the law for you?’

Li Nanli ran his fingers over her eyebrows and said, “I will forgive you this time, next time...”

“Next time, I will save you after I saved my mom,” Fu Zhi answered before Li Nanli could finish his sentence.

Li Nanli nodded in satisfaction, and just when he was about to say something, she continued, “Well, even my brother, who is bad at everything, knows how to swim, so I suggest you’d better don’t go so near the river next time.”

Li Nanli was stumped.

——

When Ye Jiu came out of the haunted house, he saw Fu Zhi and he froze.